Join Chris on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- LivestockTajikistanOysoat is 42 years old. She is a caring wife and mother. She and her husband have two sons for whom they work hard. Oysoat is engaged in livestock breeding in the yard of h...Read their story >
- PoultryColombiaRuben is 45 years old and lives in the municipality of Bolombolo. He’s a divorced man with a beautiful daughter who is the light of his eyes. He works raising animals like ...Read their story >
- CattleUgandaEmmanuel is an enterprising married man living in Kamwenge, Uganda. He is involved in cattle fattening mainly bulls alongside coffee farming which earns him an extra income...Read their story >
- Home EnergyMexicoDelfino is a farmer from a small community located in the State of Guerrero. He spends most of his days working in the fields. Taking care of his crops is what brings in ...Read their story >
- Motorcycle TransportPakistanMafia is 34 years old woman, living with her 8 family members in the far-flung area of Sialkot, Pakistan.
Her husband has been providing transport facilities b...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Chris, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,514 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.