...Read their story >
Join chizang on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fruits & VegetablesEl SalvadorFlor has an eighth grade education, is in a relationship, and her spouse works for a business as a security guard. They have two children who depend on both parents.
...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- FarmingUgandaPious is a new client of UGAFODE Microfinance LTD (MDI). This is his first time to acquire a financial facility from the institution. He is 31 years of age and is married a...Read their story >Funding via UGAFODE Microfinance Limited
- Shoe SalesEcuadorAmparo is 48-years-old and is married. Her family is made up of her husband and their 2 children: Dania is 15-years-old and Emely is 11-years-old, and they both study in th...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Ecuador
- Clothing SalesEcuadorÁngela is married and lives with her husband and two small grandsons. They are like her own children and attend school. They live in the city of Rocafuerte in the Las Chacr...Read their story >Funding via Fundación ESPOIR
- TailoringPakistanIrum is 34 years old. She is a housewife and looks after her family consisting of four people. She is well trained in stitching clothes. She provides services in stitching ...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
Kiva lenders, like chizang, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,770 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.