Join Cherokee Interact Club on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- TransportationSenegalMr. Aladji has been a driver for 17 years. A married man and the father of four children, aged 3 to 17, he is 50 years old and knows only one thing, practically: transporta...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreKenyaCaroline is married and loves farming. She's a professional farmer and has been in the farming business for seven years, in which she has been successful. She grows and sel...Read their story >
- RetailPeruJimmy belongs to the Dulce Nombre de Jesus-San Sebastian communal bank. He works in the furniture selling business. He works from 8.00 a.m until 5:00 p.m. He has had this b...Read their story >
- HotelKenyaHamisi is married and has two children. For the past seven years, he has operated a hotel. His business is located in a good area and his primary customers are locals. He d...Read their story >
- CattleUgandaStephen is a farmer who fattens cattle, mainly bulls, to sell at a profit and also grows crops like maize, bananas and beans where he earns an additional income for self re...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Cherokee Interact Club, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,685 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.