Join Cherokee Interact Club on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CattleEl SalvadorNorma studied until the fourth grade. She is a common law relationship and her partner is a farmer. She has three children who live with her and attend school. Her parents ...Read their story >
- LivestockMaliNatieni is standing among the members of her group holding the sheep’s rope in her right hand. She is 48 years old, married, and the mother of eight children ranging in age...Read their story >
- TailoringIndiaDevikaben, 23, is a resident of the Surendranagar district of Gujarat. She is married and lives in a household that consists of four people.
She runs a tailorin...Read their story >
- Cloth & Dressmaking SuppliesPakistanShabana is a 44-year-old married woman. She has been successfully running a small hosiery store at the corner of her house. Her husband assists her by purchasing stock of g...Read their story >
- Farm SuppliesPeruGil is a hard-working man who is 52 years old. He lives with his partner in the area of Jaqui, located in Arequipa. He works in agriculture, and currently likes farming oli...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Cherokee Interact Club, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,855 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.