Join Cherokee Interact Club on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal ExpensesMyanmar (Burma)This Lay Taing Sin (N-2) B Group is located in Magway, Central Myanmar. Magway is famous for its abundant cultivation of sesame and many kinds of nuts. Most of the people i...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaRoseline is amongst the thousands of Kenyan women smallholder farmers living in small villages who run a small mixed farm. She is 26 years old and works raising animals and...Read their story >
- FarmingCambodiaMab is 27 years old and has two young children living in Tbaung Khmum province. One of her children is in school while the other one is too young for school. She is growing...Read their story >
- General StoreColombiaCarlos is a shopkeeper in the locality of Bosa. He is 69 years old, very vital and enterprising and, despite his advanced age, he joined the micro-entrepreneurial world wit...Read their story >
- CattleEl SalvadorMarina, age 49, only went to school through the first grade. She is in a relationship, and her life partner is a farmer. They have five children.
Marina is a h...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Cherokee Interact Club, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,675 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.