Join Celeste on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailParaguayMaria is 48-years old. She is a businesswoman. Her husband is 57-year old Marciano. Since she was young, she has worked making embroidered crafts from fine fabrics. She als...Read their story >
- ServicesMozambiqueFrancisco is 53 years old. He is married and the father of 7 children, of whom 5 are on their own and living in their own homes, and 2 are still his responsibility and goin...Read their story >
- General StoreUgandaYosam is the father of six children and they reside in Kasese, Uganda. For the last 10 years, he has been involved in a general store business that sells mattresses, constr...Read their story >
- CattleTajikistanSafarali is a humble and hard-working rancher who makes a living raising cattle. He lives together with his family in the Gafurov region. He has six children and many dream...Read their story >
- Shoe SalesNicaraguaKaren continues working in the design and manufacturing of footwear. She is grateful to Kiva and MiCredito for the previous loans that were granted. Thanks to the loans she...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Celeste, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,429 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.