Join Cassie, Jase, & Kirsten on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PoultryEl SalvadorMaría was not able to study since her parents had many financial difficulties. Her partner in life is a farmer and they have four children, two of whom live apart from the...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- TransportationTajikistanMamarajab is grateful to Kiva lenders for their support and care. He used the previous loan as intended and has increased his cattle herd. Mamarajab's financial situation h...Read their story >Funding via Humo
- TransportationTajikistanMuhiddin is a 53 years old man. He is married and the father of three adult children, and he is even a grandfather. He earns a living through driving a mini-van for public ...Read their story >Funding via Arvand
- Fruits & VegetablesEl SalvadorFaustina has a fifth grade education and lives with her husband, who is a farmer, and their two adult daughters who do the housework.
Faustina sells fruits and v...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- FarmingKenyaJames is a 31-year-old, happily married man. He is blessed with a 2-year-old child and they live a happy life. James has been a farmer by profession for many years now. Bes...Read their story >Funding via Kenya ECLOF
Kiva lenders, like Cassie, Jase, & Kirsten, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,598 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.