Join Casey McKinnon on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgricultureTajikistanShahrituz is a region dominated by mountains and fields. Most people living in this region make a living from agriculture. Jamila, who lives in Shahrituz, is no exception. ...Read their story >Funding via MDO Humo and Partners
- CattleEl Salvador47-year-old Mirna studied up to the 6th grade in school. She is married and her husband, like her, is a farmer. They have 4 children. With a lot of effort and responsibilit...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- PharmacyArmeniaVagharshak is 43 years old and has two children. Being a tireless man and an example for his children, he tries to provide his family’s daily accommodations. He owns a phar...Read their story >Funding via SEF International
- Clothing SalesUgandaEdward is a responsible and a committed person to his family and business, which gives him reason to work hard for a better future. He is a married man with one child. He o...Read their story >Funding via HOFOKAM Ltd., a partner of Catholic Relief Services
- Grocery StoreTajikistanFiruza was born in 1960. She is a married mother of three children. Firuza has a grocery store near her house in Rudaki district.
For more than 10 years Firuza ...Read their story >Funding via CSC MDO "IMON International"
Kiva lenders, like Casey McKinnon, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,924 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.