Join Casey McKinnon on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food MarketRwandaAbizeranye ACB is a group led by Donatulle, who is 41 years old. She is married with seven children aged between 10 and 28 years. The group name means “trusted people” in ...Read their story >Funding via Urwego Opportunity Bank
- FarmingKenyaJane, pictured above, has eight children and is always described as a very trustworthy person, which is why she was selected to become the group leader of her group. Jane i...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- Shoe SalesKenyaJohn is a married man. He has one child. He describes himself as honest. He operates a retail business where he sells shoes. He has been involved in this business for 5 yea...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- Animal SalesTajikistanMuhabbat is a 43-year-old woman from the region of Bohtar. She has a family, and is a mother of 5. Since her childhood, Muhabbat has loved to tend and care for animals, and...Read their story >Funding via Humo
- Soft DrinksEl SalvadorRosario currently lives with her husband and children who are minors. She states that she does not get help from relatives. Rosario, when she didn't have any source of inco...Read their story >Funding via PADECOMSM
Kiva lenders, like Casey McKinnon, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,875 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.