Join Blake Swopes on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingTajikistanMahiyon was born in 1959 into a family of farmers. She lives in Panj region. She is married and has six children, all of them are of adult age. Her husband is a farmer, but...Read their story >Funding via CSC MDO "IMON International"
- General StorePakistanFarzana is a 35-year-old married woman living in the area of Rawalpindi, Pakistan with her family. Her husband has been running a small general store at the corner of his h...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- DairyKenyaThe lady raising hand in the photo is Mary, a member of Wandemi Small Scale Farmers Self Help group. She is 58 years old, married and blessed with five children. All of her...Read their story >Funding via Hand in Hand Eastern Africa
- CerealsKenyaTo unconditionally support her family is the objective and mission of this smallholder woman farmer named Grace, who started farming seven years ago. Grace, who is 56 years...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- PigsColombiaMarelbis, age 33, is a tenacious woman and a farmer. When she was little her parents taught her everything having to do with working the fields. Thanks to this, she has b...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
Kiva lenders, like Blake Swopes, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,329 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.