Join Blake Swopes on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Home Products SalesGuatemalaPanajachel, also known as “Pana”, is a very busy town on the shores of the majestic Lake Atitlan, in the Western Highlands of Guatemala. Tourists from throughout the world ...Read their story >Funding via Friendship Bridge
- LivestockArmeniaKhachik is a farmer with 30 years of experience running a farm. He lives with his wife, 25 year old son and 96 year old mother. Khachik's only income comes from agriculture...Read their story >Funding via SEF International
- FarmingPhilippinesMary Grace is 49 years old, married, and has five children, three of whom are in school.
She is in the agricultural business farming vegetables in the Philippine...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- TailoringKenyaPriscilla is a married woman with four children. She operates a tailoring shop, as she has for 27 years. Her business is located in a good area, and her primary customers a...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- Barber ShopPalestineMuhanad is a young man who has a barber shop which has been opened for the past six months. He now has good experience and he is well known in his city, Rafah. Fadi loves h...Read their story >Funding via Palestine for Credit & Development (FATEN)
Kiva lenders, like Blake Swopes, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,010 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.