Join Bryon W on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Spare PartsKenyaRegina is 42 years old. She is married and blessed with four children. Her business is a shop selling motorcycle spare parts, as well as sweets, soft drinks, and bread. She...Read their story >
- FarmingNigeriaUmar is a Babban Gona maize farmer from Lahadi village and resides with his family in a mud house. Umar manages a 0.5 hectare maize farm, through which he supports his fami...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaMeet Monicah. She is very energetic and resourceful. Monica was born and grew up in a remote village in Eldoret. This enterprising woman has always demonstrated great skill...Read their story >
- TransportationParaguayEmilio is 29 years old. He is an independent carrier. He has a truck to transfer cargo and other jobs.
He began this work more than eight years ago as a chauffeu...Read their story >
- RetailNicaraguaLarry is 33 years old. He remembers how he started his business with one bag of bread, it was all he sold. A few months later he was able to buy a refrigerator. After th...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Bryon W, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,415 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.