Pius has been farming with One Acre Fu...Read their story >
Join Bryn Youngblut on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgricultureKenyaPius is 38 years old and has eight children. He is a group leader that represents nine farmers in Chwele District, Kenya.
Pius has been farming with One Acre Fu...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- General StorePhilippinesJeepee Warren is a 27-year-old man from the city of Baybay, Leyte. He is married and has a three-year old daughter. He and his wife are running a sari-sari (variety) store ...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI), a partner of VisionFund International
- FarmingKenyaRosemary is 44 years old and has six children. She has been a farmer for more than 20 years and is always said to be a very resourceful person. Even though Rosemary is the ...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- VehicleCambodiaHieng is a 26-year-old woman. She is married and lives in K'aek Pong Village, Tang Sya Commune, Phnum Sruoch District and Kampong Speu Province, Cambodia.
To ma...Read their story >Funding via Hattha Kaksekar Limited (HKL), a partner of Save the Children
- Clothing SalesEl SalvadorThe youth with his face pixelated is 23 years old and lives in a high risk zone. He has worked selling clothing for seven years and his business is located at his place of ...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
Kiva lenders, like Bryn Youngblut, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,013 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.