Join Bryn Youngblut on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Milk SalesKenyaCharles is a married man, age 38 years, and blessed with seven children. He buys and sells milk in Kericho where he lives. He loves his job since he does not struggle to lo...Read their story >Funding via Kenya ECLOF
- Clothing SalesPhilippinesGenalyne is 28 years old, married, and has one child. She is from Culo, Molave, Zamboanga del Sur. Genalyn sells ready-to-wear clothes and cosmetics, which she has been doi...Read their story >Funding via Gata Daku Multi-purpose Cooperative (GDMPC)
- FarmingKenyaAnn hails from the Gatunga, Nyahururu area of Kenya. Ann never got the opportunity to advance her education and get a white-collar job, but this did not kill her dream of w...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- Personal Medical ExpensesMexicoJosé is a 42-year-old man who lives in a popular neighborhood to the northwest of Monterrey. His elderly father suffers from a disease in his legs that prevents him from w...Read their story >Funding via Alivio Capital
- Shoe SalesKenyaThis is Peterson who is 28 years old and he is married with a 2 year old child. He buys shoes in wholesale and sells them in retail. With the profits of his business he is ...Read their story >Funding via Kenya ECLOF
Kiva lenders, like Bryn Youngblut, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,900 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.