Since a young age, Lady has worked at her small family business where Lady and her re...Read their story >
Join Bryn Youngblut on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- SewingColombiaLady is 31 years old, and small-time trader in Bogota, Colombia's capital.
Since a young age, Lady has worked at her small family business where Lady and her re...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD)
- Grocery StoreKenyaMwanasiti is a married woman with four kids, three of whom attend school. She owns a house that has electricity but no piped water. Her greatest monthly expense is school f...Read their story >Funding via Yehu Microfinance Trust
- CraftsPhilippinesEdith is 53 years old, married with five children and from Santa Cruz, Tangub City, Misamis Occidental in the Philippines. To make a living, Edith makes and sells candles t...Read their story >Funding via Gata Daku Multi-purpose Cooperative (GDMPC)
- FoodKenyaMejumaa is married and has five children, all of whom are grown ups. She owns a house that has neither electricity nor piped water. Her greatest monthly expense is medicati...Read their story >Funding via Yehu Microfinance Trust
- Fish SellingPhilippinesRicky, 41 years old, and his wife Delsalyn, 42, are into fish selling. They have a stall located in one of the public markets in Passi City, Iloilo. Alternately, they watch...Read their story >Funding via Center for Community Transformation Credit Cooperative, a partner of HOPE International
Kiva lenders, like Bryn Youngblut, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,424 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.