Join Bryn Youngblut on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingSamoaFiloi is 58 years old and married with seven children. She has a small garden where she grows cabbages that she can sell in her community or at the market. She has been doi...Read their story >Funding via South Pacific Business Development (SPBD) - Samoa
- FoodColombiaWenceslao is a micro-entrepreneur in the municipality of Mosquera who works selling eggs. He is married and the father of two adult daughters. He began this work in the yea...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD)
- Clothing SalesGuatemala(The first from the left in the photograph) Cristina has a 6-year-old son and lives in the Chuicoza village. Cristina is 33 years old and unmarried.
For Cristina it i...Read their story >Funding via ADICLA
- Personal Medical ExpensesAlbaniaAlbina wants to install an entry door and also pay for some debts of her daughter who had a car accident years back and has since been suffering the consequences. They are ...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Albania
- General StorePhilippinesRosenda is 64 years old and married with nine children.
Rosenda works hard to provide for her family. She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
Kiva lenders, like Bryn Youngblut, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,031 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.