Join Bryan on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food MarketHaitiThomas manages his business very well. He uses micro-credit to increase his stock. He easily repays the loans. He is asking for a new loan to buy crates of eggs and spaghetti.Read their story >Funding via Entrepreneurs du Monde - Palmis Mikwofinans Sosyal
- Personal Medical ExpensesUgandaWycliffee lives in Kagadi, Uganda and has a transportation business as his major source of income. He established the business in 1992. He is 44 years old, married, and a f...Read their story >Funding via HOFOKAM Ltd., a partner of Catholic Relief Services
- General StorePhilippinesCarolyn is 34 years old and married with five children, Carolyn works very hard to provide for her family.
Carolyn runs a general store in the Philippines and re...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- FarmingNigeriaAbdullahi is a Babban Gona maize farmer. He is a hardworking married man with 10 children. His youngest children are Fesal and Madina, whom he hopes grow up to be successfu...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
- General StoreKenyaLydia is a married woman with 2 children. She describes herself to be honest. She operates a retail business where she sells sugar, bread, flour, soap, sweets and other ite...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
Kiva lenders, like Bryan, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,003 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.