Join Bryan on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CattleEl SalvadorErnesto is 67 years old and married. His wife takes care of the household chores. They have three grown children who have moved abroad in search of a better life.
Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Higher education costsPalestineMuhamad, who appears in the photo, is 21-years-old and is from Jabalia city in the Gaza Strip. He is studying Electronics Technology at the local university, and he is stud...Read their story >Funding via Palestine for Credit & Development (FATEN)
- HardwareMadagascarMarcelline thanks you for the loan you gave her last March. The loan enabled her to diversify products in her hardware store. Thus, the number of customers evolves and turn...Read their story >Funding via Crédit Epargne Formation (CEFOR)
- FarmingTajikistanKhulqar is 21 years old, married, and has no children. She lives in Shahriston, Tajikistan. Khulqar was born into a family of farmers and is engaged in the farming business...Read their story >Funding via IMON International
- Used ClothingGuatemalaHerlinda (in the center of the photograph) is 52 and lives with her husband and her eight children, who are between the ages of 12 and 34.
She wanted to earn an ...Read their story >Funding via ADICLA
Kiva lenders, like Bryan, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,623 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.