Join Brock Keen on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food StallTajikistanThis 38-year-old woman is named Zulaiho. She is divorced from her husband and does not have any children. Zulaiho lives with her brother. For 8 years she has worked selling...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesCelia is a hardworking woman entrepreneur, with two children. She has a general store in the Philippines.
Celia requested a PHP 22,000 loan through NWTF, in orde...Read their story >
- CattleEl SalvadorWil studied through seventh grade. He is married and his wife is a homemaker. They have 2 children, a girl who is 2 years old and a son who is 8 years old.
<...Read their story >
- AgricultureGuatemalaWorking the land with his hands under the burning sun is José's passion. He says that with the support of a loan, it was possible for him to invest in his corn crops and fo...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaAlex's Group is formed by fifteen farmers in Webuye District and is being represented by Alex, who is the group leader pictured above. He is 44 years old, is married and ha...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Brock Keen, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,667 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.