Join Bridget on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- TailoringPakistanThis is Shazia, a married lady living in Gujrat, Pakistan with her family. She is a hardworking lady and has been working as a tailor for many years. She is a professional ...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesKosovoAdnan is 22 years old and comes from the Ashkali minority community in Kosovo. He works as a taxi driver to provide for his family, a job which he does with great responsib...Read their story >
- General StoreTajikistanThis is Zebiniso! She is a modest and hardworking woman. She is 47 years old and lives with her husband and three children.
Zebiniso is engaged in the commercia...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaMargaret is a happily married lady and a mother of three children. She is a farmer by profession and has been doing this business for many years. Farming is her hobby, and ...Read their story >
- RetailPakistanAmina is a 26-year-old working lady living with her family in village area Multan, Pakistan. She has one son of 4 years who is getting primary education. Her husband is a g...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Bridget, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,532 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.