Join Bridget on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- TailoringRwandaUbumwe cb is a group represented by Christine who is 28 years old. She is married with 4 children aged between 5 months and 8 years. The group name means “United” in Englis...Read their story >Funding via Urwego Opportunity Bank
- DairyBoliviaSimon along with his wife makes a living producing milk. They have four children who are school aged. They sell their milk production to one of the industrial milk plants i...Read their story >Funding via IMPRO
- Food Production/SalesParaguayRamona is from the city of Lambaré. She works selling food. She is a person who works hard to have sufficient means to help her family.
Her husband is a carpent...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Paraguaya
- Animal SalesTajikistanUmar is launching a new business at the gage of 54. He was born in the Vahdat region in the village of Mehrbakhsh. The climate and the natural conditions in the region are ...Read their story >Funding via Humo
- PigsColombiaApolinar is a 27-year-old farm worker who lives with his partner. He was born into a humble family who through agriculture and animal husbandry found a way of making a livi...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
Kiva lenders, like Bridget, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,168 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.