Join Brian on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesVietnamLinh is the Kinh ethnic woman. She has been joining in the program of M7-MFI since 2015. She is living with her husband, her daughter and her two sons in Mai Son district, ...Read their story >
- Animal SalesPakistanDay by day, increasing expenditures compelled Gulnar to initiate her own business selling animals. She is a 39-year-old married woman and a mother of eight children. Gulnar...Read their story >
- PoultryKenyaSaumu is a married woman and has been blessed with three kids who attend school. She lives in her own house that has electricity but no piped water. Her greatest monthly e...Read their story >
- Used ClothingKenyaRachael is a happily married woman, born in 1979. She is the mother of 2 children, ages 16 and 7 years old, both of whom are in school. She supports her children as well a...Read their story >
- General StoreUgandaJohn is a 37-year-old man, with a wife and two children. He is a businessman who deals mainly in retail trading. He owns a retail shop in Kyeitagi in Kiruhura district. He ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Brian, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,899 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.