Join Brian on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CattleTajikistanNazrvi lives in the Vaksh district of Tajikistan. She is married and the mother of four children. Her husband works as a taxi driver. Her children are 18, 16, 11 and 7 year...Read their story >
- FoodRwandaClaudine is the group leader of ZAMUKA, which has 11 members, and is shown in this photo as the person with a passbook, wearing purple jumper. She is 43 years old and is ma...Read their story >
- FarmingCambodiaPHAT is 53 year old. She is a married woman with four children, three married. She lives in the area of Prey Chhor district, KAMPONG CHAM province.
PHAT has a f...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesZimbabweLinda has a nicely built flea market at a well-known market place in Stoneridge affectionately known by the locals as the “Little Messina”. The place is positioned centrall...Read their story >
- DairyKenyaBeldine is a modest mother who wakes up every morning at 5 o’clock to work on her farm. She is fully committed to her farm work and thinks only of progressing. She is a rol...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Brian, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,158 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.