He is an engineer and works offering classes ...Read their story >
Join Brendan on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Education providerColombiaSergio is a 20-year-old youth from the municipality of Cota in Cundinamarca. He is single and has many dreams to fulfill.
He is an engineer and works offering classes ...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD)
- Higher education costsKenyaMeet Dominic, a CPA-holder now in the final year of his degree in Commerce. He specialized in the Accounting option.
Dominic will be grateful for your support to...Read their story >Funding via Digital Divide Data (DDD)
- Used ClothingBurkina FasoDakoupa just finished her Kiva loan. Her repayments were made on a regular schedule. Bintou, the group representative, thanks Kiva's staff and lenders for their support.
Read their story >Funding via Agence Communautaire pour le Financement de la Micro Entreprise (ACFIME)
- RetailKenyaThe lady raising her hand in the photo is Jane. She is a member of Kwinengane SHG Group, which joined Hand in Hand Eastern Africa to benefit from enterprise-development and...Read their story >Funding via Hand in Hand Eastern Africa
- JewelryPakistanSabina has been making artificial jewelry for many years and generating income. Her practice is to buy metal, pearl and gemstones to make artificial jewelry. Her husband me...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
Kiva lenders, like Brendan, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,616 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.