Join Bob Harris on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food Production/SalesEcuadorIrene is an enterprising 36-year-old woman. She is divorced and lives with her mother María, age 56, and her brother Jimmy, age 30. Some time ago, her mother suffered a str...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Ecuador
- Beauty SalonPalestineSafa' is 28 years old and a married woman, and lives in a house that she owns. She has had a beauty salon in her home for one year. Safa' has many customers as she does a v...Read their story >Funding via Palestine for Credit & Development (FATEN)
- LivestockEcuadorPastora is 38 years old and happily married. She has a daughter, Aracely who is 18 years old. She is a hard-working and enterprising woman of strong character. For eight ye...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Ecuador
- Shoe SalesPhilippinesAs a married mother of five children, Cherry works hard to support her family.
She has a footwear retail business in the Philippines, and also earns additional i...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
- CerealsKenyaA fighter who never tires" would be the words that best describe Margaret. She lives in the Nyahururu area of Kenya. Despite the importance of farmers and farming to the Ny...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
Kiva lenders, like Bob Harris, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,619 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.