Join Bob Harris on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RestaurantColombiaAna--with her smile and big heart--has had a warm reception in her neighborhood since she opened her restaurant a few months ago with great effort and the desire in mind of...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- Clothing SalesKenyaMeet Violet, a 33-year-old, hardworking lady who lives in Bungoma County. Violet is well known in the business industry as an aggressive lady. She sells clothes for a livin...Read their story >Funding via Kenya ECLOF
- Farm SuppliesPeruThis member belongs to the "Cristo Rey de Cuquipata" (Christ the King of Cuquipata) communal bank. The communal bank is located in La Convención Province, Yanatile Distric...Read their story >Funding via Asociación Arariwa
- Liquor Store / Off-LicenseColombiaWith his own hands, Dyllan has worked hard to get ahead. He is a friendly man who has a business of selling liquor. His future depends on this business, so he is requesti...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- General StorePhilippinesHailyn is a sari-sari (variety) store owner and has been proficiently running this business for seven years to earn an income. Meanwhile her husband is a bus driver. They h...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI)
Kiva lenders, like Bob Harris, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,769 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.