Join Bob Harris on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Grocery StoreKenyaMwasiwa is a married woman with six children, three of whom attends school. She lives at her own house that has electricity but no piped water.Her greatest monthly expen...Read their story >Funding via Yehu Microfinance Trust
- AgriculturePeruIdelmo is 33 years old. He is single and lives in the village of Pueblo Libre, district of Namballe, province of San Ignacio, Peru. Idelmo lives with his parents and his tw...Read their story >Funding via Cooperativa de Ahorro y Crédito Norandino
- FishingPhilippinesAs a married mother of four children, Paquita works hard to support her family. She has a fishing business in the Philippines. Paquita is borrowing PHP 16,000 through NW...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
- CattleKosovoArben is 36 years old. He is married and has three children. He owns some land and works as a farmer, a profession that he has inherited from his father.
He pla...Read their story >Funding via KosInvest
- BakeryLebanonFatmeh is a 38-year-old, Lebanese, married woman who lives in an undeveloped area with her husband and three children who are still attending school. She cooperates with he...Read their story >Funding via Vitas - Lebanon
Kiva lenders, like Bob Harris, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,559 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.