Marina takes care of...Read their story >
Join Bob Harris on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fruits & VegetablesEl SalvadorMarina is 31 years old. She went to school up to high school. Her spouse works as a driver and they have a son who depends on both of them.
Marina takes care of...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Beauty SalonJordanNemat has a high school education. She has a beauty salon at her home. She is divorced and lives in Ramtha. She has tolerated much in life and came to open her salon for an...Read their story >Funding via National Microfinance Bank
- FarmingSamoaSuititi is a 58-year-old mother of seven children. She has a small business of growing and selling vegetables (for example, cabbage, eggplant, cucumber) in her community to...Read their story >Funding via South Pacific Business Development (SPBD) - Samoa
- Clothing SalesTajikistanThis woman is 58 years old. Her name is Davlatbi, and she has a husband and beloved children. Over the past 15 years, she has worked in buying and selling fabrics. Davlatbi...Read their story >Funding via Humo
- FishingPhilippinesVirgie is a 54-year-old woman from Concepcion, Iloilo. She is married and has five children; three are already grown up and two of them are still dependent. She and her hus...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI)
Kiva lenders, like Bob Harris, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,327 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.