Join Bob Harris on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesTajikistanThis is Guljahon. She is 41 years old. She lives in the Shahrituz district together with her family. She has a husband and two children. Her oldest son is 25 years old. And...Read their story >
- Home AppliancesCambodiaSamath’s Group lives in a rural village in Kompong Cham Province in Cambodia. Samath makes a living cultivating rice and she works as a factory worker to support her family...Read their story >
- Fish SellingPhilippinesElma is a married woman with six children. She is a very hard working entrepreneur. Elma is 35 years old and has three children who are still in school. Elma has a fish ve...Read their story >
- TailoringPakistanBushara is a working woman. She is the mother of 2 children and lives with her family in the town of Sialkot in Pakistan.
She has been providing the service of ...Read their story >
- PubColombiaMilton, 26, has a business selling liquor in the municipality of Bello. He is a single and very enterprising man. He looked for this activity as a means to get income to su...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Bob Harris, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,083 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.