Join Bob Harris on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Paper SalesBoliviaGregoria is a retail merchant of desk items. She pays rent and lives with her daughter. Gregoria is trying to get ahead and for that reason she needs a loan to increase her...Read their story >Funding via IMPRO
- FarmingKenyaPasilisa is 63 years old and has ten children. She has been a farmer for 20 years and is always said to be a very hardworking individual. Even though Pasilisa is the only o...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- TailoringPakistanParveen, aged fifty-three, is a married woman. She is a hardworking and brave mother who is helping her family by providing tailoring services along with her husband. She i...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- Food Production/SalesSierra LeoneSallay set up her business because she wanted to improve her standard of living. Her other source of income is from her husband.
Sallay runs a food business an...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Sierra Leone
- LivestockMyanmar (Burma)Than Phet (1) B Village Group has seven members, whose names are Aye, Aye Chit, Htay, Khin M, Khin, Kyaw and Ye. They all are small farmers from Dedaye township located in ...Read their story >Funding via Proximity Designs
Kiva lenders, like Bob Harris, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,411 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.