Join Bob Harris on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailPhilippinesRosario works hard to support her family. She is married and has a business selling ice and ice candy in the Philippines. Rosario requested a 14,000 Philippine peso loan th...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
- Home Products SalesParaguayWilson is a very hardworking and entrepreneurial person who is striving to move forward and grow. He says that through his work he is helping his family and loved ones. His...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Paraguaya
- FarmingKenyaBuhiri is a married woman with two school-going children. She owns a house that neither has electricity nor piped water. Her greatest monthly expenses are food and school f...Read their story >Funding via Yehu Microfinance Trust
- Food Production/SalesColombiaMaria, 60, opted for setting up a food business in the municipality of La Estrella. In this business, she sells pizza. Maria is a very responsible, sensible, and diligent b...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- Fruits & VegetablesPhilippinesRosel is a married woman with four children. She is a very hard working entrepreneur. Rosel is 36 years old and has two children who are currently in school. Rosel has a ...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
Kiva lenders, like Bob Harris, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,963 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.