Join Bob Harris on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- ClothingKenyaEunice is a married woman. She has two children. She operates a retail business, where she sells clothes and shoes. She has been involved in this business for six years. He...Read their story >
- Electronics SalesEl SalvadorFlor lives with her family, which is made up of her life partner and her children, ages 16 and 10. She and her partner support each other mutually to reduce the household n...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesParaguayThe group called San Jose Bosco is in the poverty elimination program where each ones seeks to improve her loved ones' living conditions, so that they lack for nothing. The...Read their story >
- FishingPhilippinesEdgar has always dreamed of having more fishing boats to boost his income so that he can support his children.He used his loan to purchase materials for another fishing boa...Read their story >
- RetailParaguayLorena is a hard-working and entrepreneurial persona. She makes a living in manufacturing and sells leather articles wholesale. She has a loyal clientele that always buys f...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Bob Harris, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,797 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.