Join George Massalas on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingCambodiaThy is a married woman, 43 years old, who is living in Kampong Cham province. She has three children who still need support from her. Two of them are still in school, and t...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesCambodiaA mother of six children from Svay Rieng province, Soeurn is 35 years old. Her main source of family income has been from rice farming for ages. Moreover, she can earn more...Read their story >
- FoodRwandaAlphonse is 47 years old and is married with 4 children. Due to his experience, Alphonse was nominated as the group leader for Abarasakuntego Matyazo. Alphonse is the perso...Read their story >
- TailoringPakistanMuqadas Abida is 38 years old and from Gujrat, Pakistan. She is a hard-working mother of five young children. She is working hard to ensure a good life for them. Her husban...Read their story >
- AgricultureKosovoZikica is a 49-year-old man who lives in the southern part of Kosovo. He comes from the Serb minority community and works in agriculture to make a living. He plants differe...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like George Massalas, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,430 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.