Join Bill on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaGladys is a 50-year-old proud mother of 8 children. She is a group leader, often described as a very hardworking individual, and is representing her group of 8 farmers in W...Read their story >
- FarmingHondurasNorman’s main source of income is growing corn and beans. He lives in the community of La Jutosa, where he has been living for 30 years. He has been working in agriculture ...Read their story >
- RetailKenyaEsther is a married woman with four children. She operates a retail business in which she sells sugar, soap, bread, flour and other items. She has been involved in this bus...Read their story >
- RetailRwandaA father, Janson is 62 years old. He is married with eight children ages 20 to 42 years.
He owns and runs a shop in which he sells different items such as sugar,...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaAlice is a 49-year-old proud mother of 6 children. She is a group leader, is often described as a very reliable person, and is representing her group of 8 farmers in Matete...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Bill, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,508 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.