Join Bianca on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food Production/SalesSamoaLina is a 35-year-old married woman with 6 children. She makes and sells ice cakes in her community to earn a living. She has 3 years of experience with this business. Lina...Read their story >Funding via South Pacific Business Development (SPBD)
- ServicesPakistanLubna, 35, is a married woman living in the area of Rawalpindi, Pakistan. Her whole family is fully dependent upon her husband, and he has a single source of income.
<...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- Higher education costsJordanEyad is a 22-year-old. He lives in a sector in Jordan called Ramtha, which has been affected a lot by the Syrian refugees because of the Syria political situation. Eyad...Read their story >Funding via National Microfinance Bank
- Food MarketRwandaDUFASHANYE CB which means "work together" in English is this group led by Stephanie who is 48 years old.
Stephanie is married and has 6 children aged between 8 a...Read their story >Funding via Urwego Opportunity Bank, a partner of Opportunity International and HOPE International
- Food Production/SalesTanzaniaElizabeth, who is in her late 30s, is married and has two children who are in school. Since 1999, Elizabeth has been engaged in various small businesses. One of her busines...Read their story >Funding via Tujijenge Tanzania Ltd
Kiva lenders, like Bianca, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,021 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.