Join Bianca on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingPalestineQusai, who appears in the photo, is a 21-year-old from a village near Jenin, West Bank. He is a single young man who lives with his family. He tries very hard to provide th...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaDoris is a 26-year-old proud mother of five children. She is a group leader, often described as a very hard-working individual, and is representing her group of 13 farmers ...Read their story >
- General StoreKenyaCatherine is a married woman. She has five children. She operates a retail business where she sells sugar, bread, flour, soap, salt, and other items. She has been involved ...Read their story >
- TailoringPakistanBe-Nazeer is 26 years old, and is an amazing mother who lives in small village near Muzzafargharh. She has three children and she is working hard to ensure a good life for ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaLudovica is a 64-year-old proud father of seven children. He is a group leader, often described as a very reliable person, and is representing his group of 13 farmers in Te...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Bianca, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,116 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.