Join Bianca on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FishingPhilippinesAs a married mother of two children, Merodyn works hard to support her family. She has a fishing business in the Philippines. Merodyn is borrowing PHP 14,000 through NWT...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
- Used ClothingSierra LeoneBest Energy Solidarity is a group that has come together to help themselves achieve their individual dreams by attaining a loan to improve their sales. Haja Bintu is the le...Read their story >Funding via Association for Rural Development (ARD)
- General StorePhilippinesSheryll Mae is 29 years old and happily married.She has two children and both of them are still studying.She has engaged herself in a variety “sari-sari” store business for...Read their story >Funding via Alalay sa Kaunlaran (ASKI)
- Clothing SalesGuatemalaManuela (first from the left) is a young woman at age 20 who lives with her parents. She is supportive, responsible and hardworking. Manuela longs for a better quality of l...Read their story >Funding via ADICLA
- Grocery StoreKenyaThe lady raising her hand in the photo is Matha. She is 64 years old, married and blessed with seven children. She is a member of Lower Eastern Development Organization Gro...Read their story >Funding via Hand in Hand Eastern Africa
Kiva lenders, like Bianca, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,559 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.