Join Beth on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- DentalLebanonRabab is a 47-year-old single lady. In 2010 she started working in an accessories retail selling shop, to cover her daily living expenses, and spend her time in a useful wa...Read their story >
- Higher education costsParaguayShirley is majoring in the field of Agricultural Administration. She is studying her second semester. Right now she is working to pay for her studies, and she lives with he...Read their story >
- TailoringCameroonAbel is a young 35-year-old man who is married and the father of three children ranging from age 7 to 15.
After his training, he opened a tailoring workshop in ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaDaniel, pictured above, is a group leader and is representing his group, formed by 13 farmers in Matete District, Kenya. He joined One Acre Fund for the first time in 2010 ...Read their story >
- VehicleCambodiaTen, is 31 years old and is blessed with three school aged children. She lives in Prey Veng province.
Ten is working as a construction worker which is the main ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Beth , combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,927 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.