Join Ben C. O. Grimm on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingArmeniaArtak is 29 years old and married. He lives in Zovaber village of Gegharkunik region. He has a higher education and a specialty as an economist but he had no chance to find...Read their story >
- FishingEl SalvadorReynaldo studied until the third grade of primary school. He is in a common law relationship. His partner does the domestic chores and they have 3 children.
Reyn...Read their story >
- TailoringLebanonRanda is a 43-year-old divorced woman who works as a tailor to cover the needs and expenses of her family, which consists of three other members. She is a hard worker and a...Read their story >
- ServicesPakistanNida is a 33-year-old mother of six children between the ages of 2 to 12. She lives with her family in Multan, Pakistan.
Her husband has operated a repair works...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreHondurasMaria is 52 years old. She is a single mother. She has two children. She resides in a sector of Cofradía, Cortes, along with her daughter and three grandchildren.
Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Ben C. O. Grimm, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,174 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.