Join Ben C. O. Grimm on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorMaritza lives together with her family, which is made up of four members- her husband, her and two children. She is the one who provides the most income to pay for the need...Read their story >
- Home Products SalesKenyaEsther is a married woman with three children. She operates a retail business where she sells furniture, which is located in a good area. Her primary customers are locals...Read their story >
- PigsEl SalvadorJosé studied through to Grade 1 of basic education. He is in a relationship and his partner makes a living selling snack food: nuégados (a honey and nut paste), yucca, tama...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesKenyaMwanachuoni is a married woman with seven children who are in school. They live at their own house that has electricity but not piped water. Her greatest monthly expenses...Read their story >
- TailoringPakistanNasreen Akhtar is married and lives in Gujranwala, Pakistan. She is hardworking and has been a tailor for many years. She is a professional tailor who stitches all types of...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Ben C. O. Grimm, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,256 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.