Join Ben C. O. Grimm on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesPhilippinesLory is juggling a business and supervising the renovation of her home. Lory hopes to live comfortably in a house with good roofing that will be supported by her loan of 25...Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
- TailoringKenyaThe lady raising her hand in the photo is Angelina. She is 38 years old and blessed with five children. She is a member of Jikaze Ujisaidie Group which joined Hand in Hand ...Read their story >Funding via Hand in Hand Eastern Africa
- Education providerPakistanHanif is a 48-year-old married man who established a school 14 years ago. There are 150 students enrolled in the school and the percentage of female students is 52%.
Read their story >Funding via Kashf Foundation
- General StoreColombiaMaria is requesting a loan to stock her store with standard products. She wants to buy sweets, rice, panela (cane sugar), cookies, fried foods, chocolate bars, chewing gum,...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- ServicesPhilippinesArtemia works hard to support her family. She is married and has a manicure/pedicure service business in the Philippines. Artemia requested a 15,000 PHP loan through NWTF...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
Kiva lenders, like Ben C. O. Grimm, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,283 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.