...Read their story >
Join Becca and Jared on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- LivestockEcuadorJuan, 33, is single and lives with his parents. He has difficulty hearing. He works in farming like his parents. This is how he fights day to day to get ahead.
...Read their story >
- FishingPhilippinesFlorita and her husband rely on their income through fishing. Ten years ago, she has been helping her husband in selling fish for a living. They have three grown children.<...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesEl SalvadorReina, 71 years old, did not have the opportunity to study since her parents did not see the importance of an education. She is partnered and her partner works in agricultu...Read their story >
- Personal Products SalesTajikistanThe woman in this photo is Ranojon. She is a very kind and responsible woman. She was born in 1971 in a workers' family. She is divorced and has a son.
She live...Read their story >
- Cosmetics SalesKenyaHenry is a happily married man and a father of four children. His wife is employed while he is a hawker, and they support one another. He likes his business which he has be...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Becca and Jared, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,402 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.