Join Attila on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal PurchasesNigeriaUbale is a hard working Babban Gona maize farmer from Bele village. Ubale is grateful to be a member of Babban Gona, his partner in the fight against poverty. Building on h...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
- CattleCosta RicaElián is 23 years old. He is in a common law marriage and currently lives with his wife and two children.
He needs a loan to buy a cow with a dual purpose. He ...Read their story >Funding via FUDECOSUR
- Personal Housing ExpensesTajikistanThis woman is called Soliya. She is 55, married, and her children are already grown. Despite her age, she has been raising livestock for 15 years. Her children help her wit...Read their story >Funding via Humo
- Motorcycle TransportKenyaFrank is a happily married man and a father of two children. He is 25 years old, and they are business people together with his wife. They live in Kisumu, and they support ...Read their story >Funding via Kenya ECLOF
- CattleTajikistanRustamjon is a caring and hardworking 42-year-old man. He lives with his wife and his four children in the village of Khistevarz. Animal husbandry and farming are his two...Read their story >Funding via Arvand
Kiva lenders, like Attila, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,223 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.