She is a 33 year-ol...Read their story >
Join Attila on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesLebanonAfter working as a sales person in a clothes selling shop, Nahed decided to start her own home based clothes selling business, two years ago.
She is a 33 year-ol...Read their story >Funding via Al Majmoua Lebanese Association for Development
- Clothing SalesEl SalvadorThe young man whose face is pixelated is 23 years old and lives in the high zone. He has been dedicated to selling clothing for four years. His business is located in the t...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
- General StoreKenyaDavid is a married man. He describes himself to be kind. He operates a retail business where he sells sugar, rice, bread, soap, juices and other items. He has been involved...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- Personal Housing ExpensesCambodiaUk, 41 years old, is a widowed mother of three children, one of whom is married. Two of her children are still in her burden.
She is a farmer, living in Treas ...Read their story >Funding via Hattha Kaksekar Limited (HKL), a partner of Save the Children
- Home Products SalesNicaraguaIladio is a cordial 67 year old man. He is of the Miskita ethnicity and from the city of Bilwi in the Puerto Cabezas municipality. He is married, and his wife is a housew...Read their story >Funding via Pana Pana
Kiva lenders, like Attila, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,964 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.