Join Attila on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food StallColombiaDeider is a 31-year-old man. He lives in the municipality of Puerto Boyacá, where he works selling micheladas (a drink with beer, lime, and salt) at a small cart that is th...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- ConstructionParaguayDionicio is a bricklayer. He is a very self-sacrificing person who strives to be someone in life.
He comments that through his work he fights to give a better qu...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Paraguaya
- RickshawPakistanHameedan is aged 37 and a mother of four children living with her spouse in the area of Multan, Pakistan. Her son is responsible for meeting the needs of the entire family....Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- General StoreParaguaySeñor Dionisio is 65 years old. He lives with Señora Antonia and has two children, both adults, whom he raised through his sacrifice.
He has been the owner of a ...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Paraguaya
- General StoreKenyaGladys is a married woman. She has one child. She describes herself to be determined. She operates a retail business where she sells soda, milk, bread, flour and other item...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
Kiva lenders, like Attila, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,669 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.