Join Attila on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- LivestockKyrgyzstanBuzaina is 58 years old, widowed, and has six children. She has secondary education. Buzaina started engaging in farming many years ago. Today her farm has four cows and a ...Read their story >Funding via Bai Tushum Bank
- Higher education costsPalestineOsama, who appears in the photo, is a 31-year-old from Dier Al Balah City in Gaza strip. He is studying English at the local university, and he dreams to be a great man in...Read their story >Funding via Palestine for Credit & Development (FATEN)
- CattleEl SalvadorJose studied up to the ninth grade. His wife does housework and he has three children who study.
Jose makes a living from agriculture. He has been doing this f...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Clothing SalesSierra LeoneMariatu is a 35-year-old business woman who is married with a 15-year-old child. Mariatu owns a clothing business and has taken on complete responsibility for running her ...Read their story >Funding via Association for Rural Development (ARD)
- RetailColombiaJenny is a 27-year old woman who lives with her partner in a neighborhood in the capital of the country. 4 years ago she started her own business to help her partner with t...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD)
Kiva lenders, like Attila, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,527 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.