Join Ashton on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Cosmetics SalesEl SalvadorMaria makes her living selling cosmetics. She works in her business every day, making her sales on foot, an advantage that enables her to serve her customers better. She ...Read their story >
- FarmingEl SalvadorJosé says that with the contribution of the previous loan he was able to carry out his agricultural activities at the right time. With this the business keeps running and ...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesRwandaNew Twisungane Cb Sub Grp A is a group represented by Joyce, who is 44 years old. She is married with five children, aged between 11 and 22 years. The group name means “let...Read their story >
- Home Products SalesKenyaDaniel is 31 years old. He is married and blessed with one child. His business is a retail shop selling kitchen utensils, which he has done for six years.
This ...Read their story >
- EmbroideryPakistanAziz is a 45-year-old woman, living with her spouse in the area of Muzzafargharh, Pakistan. She is a mother of four children. Her husband is responsible for fulfilling the ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Ashton, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,983 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.