Join Ashton on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Grocery StoreEl SalvadorDalila's basic goods store is the most popular in her canton, as she has many customers who always request her products. She lives in her own house along with her life part...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
- PigsPhilippinesJesusa is a 49-year-old married woman with six children, two children attend school.
Jesusa has raised pigs for 5 years and requests 18,000 PHP through NWTF to...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- LivestockKyrgyzstanNurzat repaid her loan, after using it for its intended purpose. She is thankful to Kiva and to all the lenders who helped her financially. She now has four cows, 40 shee...Read their story >Funding via Bai Tushum Bank CJSC
- PigsIndonesiaKerto Sato group received a loan 6 months ago, which they used to successfully raise pigs. The pigs were given vitamins and nutritious food to achieve an ideal weight whic...Read their story >Funding via Koperasi Mitra Usaha Kecil (MUK)
- LivestockKyrgyzstanElmira successfully repaid her loan, having used it for the intended purpose. She is grateful to Kiva and everyone who helped her with the financing. Elmira currently has t...Read their story >Funding via Bai Tushum Bank CJSC
Kiva lenders, like Ashton, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,966 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.