Join Ashton on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaHello, lenders! Meet Clement, a 43-year-old farmer from a remote village in the Kitale area of Kenya. He started farming five years ago on a small plot he acquired. On the ...Read their story >
- FarmingPalestineMoawia, who appears in the photo, is 21 years old from a village near Nablus city in West Bank. He is a single man who lives with his parents.
He tries so hard ...Read their story >
- SewingTajikistanNigina works as a seamstress out of her home in the city of Dushanbe. She is 31 years old. 1.5 years ago she launched her business embroidering traditional Tajik clothing. ...Read their story >
- AgricultureColombiaFor the last 40 years Gustavo has earned a living in agricultural production and he gets up to work every day to tend the land on which he grows crops. He learned to farm t...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesLebanonRanda is a Lebanese married woman, born in 1964, living with her husband in their own house in Aley, Mount Lebanon.
She has worked in mortar preparation at home ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Ashton, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,033 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.