Join Ashton on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- ClothingKenyaLilian is a married mother of four children, all of whom attend school. She lives at her own house that neither has electricity nor piped water. Her greatest monthly expens...Read their story >Funding via Yehu Microfinance Trust
- General StorePhilippinesCherry Mae is 28 years old and married with three children. With three children in school, Cherry Mae works very hard to provide for them.
Cherry Mae runs a gene...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
- Grocery StoreKenyaEverline is a 42-year-old lady who is happily married to a man named Samuel. They live in a remote village in Iten town where they work. Everline runs a grocery store; a bu...Read their story >Funding via Kenya ECLOF
- PigsEcuadorEdwin, 24, is single and lives with his parents. He is a young, hard worker and likes to contribute to his home's finances with what he can. He has worked in agriculture fo...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Ecuador
- Personal PurchasesNigeriaMudsir is a hard working Babban Gona maize farmer from Kogo village. Mudsir is grateful to be a member of Babban Gona, his partner in the fight against poverty. Building on...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
Kiva lenders, like Ashton, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,575 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.