Read their story >
Join Artisan Creative on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Animal SalesPeruThe members belong to the “MOLLECATO” communal bank. The bank is located in the district of Urcos, which belongs to Quispicanchis province and Cusco department.
Read their story >Funding via Asociación Arariwa
- FarmingArmeniaMeet Karen, a 44 years old farmer from Shirak region. Karen has been farming 20 years and runs a mixed farm. His livestock consists of many cows, calves and hens. He has ma...Read their story >Funding via SEF International
- CafeSamoaLouisa is a 29-year-old divorced woman with 3 children. She runs a small canteen in her community to earn a living. She has 3 years of experience with this business. Louisa...Read their story >Funding via South Pacific Business Development (SPBD)
- Clothing SalesIndiaRatna is a 39-year-old enterprising woman from a small village of Falakata in West Bengal. She is a widow; unfortunately, she lost her husband a few years back. She lives w...Read their story >Funding via Belghoria Janakalyan Samity
- FarmingEl SalvadorVicente is 75 years old. He is married and has 7 children. Only two of them live with him. He was only able to study up to Grade 5 but he feels content as he learned how to...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
Kiva lenders, like Artisan Creative, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,332 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.