Join Artisan Creative on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesNicaraguaEsperanza is 61 years old. She considers herself a hardworking woman. Currently she is dedicated to preparing food at events. In addition she has a small kiosk in the centr...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesNicaraguaRicki is a young man, twenty-eight years old, enterprising, determined, and dedicated, who works in a business selling snow cones, which has been in his family for a long t...Read their story >
- General StoreBoliviaThe communal bank “Botoncitos de Oro” ["Little Gold Buttons"] is initiating its first loan cycle with Pro Mujer, as part of the Senkata regional center. It is made up of ni...Read their story >
- AgricultureEl SalvadorMagdaleno lives with his wife and daughters, two of whom work and two of whom study. He works on the land of landowners in the area and his wife does the household chores. ...Read their story >
- AgricultureCameroonDaniel, age 41, is married and the father of five children, whose ages range from 3 to 17. For the past ten years he's been growing cacao in his plantation. This is what en...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Artisan Creative, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,217 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.