Among them, Hla is 48 years old and a father of five children, and i...Read their story >
Join Artisan Creative on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- LivestockMyanmar (Burma)There are six members in Kyauk Sa Yit (C) village group: Hla, Mya, Sann, Thin, Win and Yin.
Among them, Hla is 48 years old and a father of five children, and i...Read their story >Funding via Proximity Designs
- LivestockMaliThe woman sitting and holding the sheep in front of the group is named KADIDIA. She is Malian and 41 years old, and she still resides there with her husband and six childre...Read their story >Funding via Réseau de Micro-institutions de Croissance de Revenus (RMCR)
- Clothing SalesTajikistanMunira is a 51-year-old woman. She lives in Kanibadam, Tajikistan. She is married and has three children (1986, 1988, 1990).
She sells women's clothes at the lo...Read their story >Funding via IMON International
- TailoringBoliviaEduviges is an optimistic person who is very hopeful that she will be able to get ahead. She has two children who depend on her income. She is a very hardworking person who...Read their story >Funding via CIDRE
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorMaría needs to request a new loan to restock her snack business so that she can buy rice, beans, sugar, salt, condiments, and other products. This way she will be able to ...Read their story >Funding via PADECOMSM
Kiva lenders, like Artisan Creative, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,492 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.