Join Arjan on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesPeruSonia is a hardworking woman who is 39 years old. She lives in the town of Moquegua. Sonia provides educational services in her town and seeks to offer a wider range of k...Read their story >
- General StorePeruFlorescelda is 49 years old and has a partner. She lives in her own house wither her partner and three children. The family lives in the Pomahuaca district, Jaen province, ...Read their story >
- General StorePeruMaría del Pilar is a hardworking 52-year-old woman. She lives with her husband in the town of Yauca, which is located in Arequipa. She works selling ice cream at the store ...Read their story >
- RestaurantPeruThe borrower, Martha, belongs to the Union Latina communal bank. The borrower continues working at her restaurant business. The borrower is an enterprising woman who, throu...Read their story >
- Home AppliancesPeruThe borrower, Yanet, belongs to the Union Latina communal bank. The borrower works as a teacher. The borrower is a very hard-working woman who, through the means of this bu...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Arjan, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,673 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.