Join Annette on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaRose started farming with an aim that she will be able to secure a living for her family. That was her life’s best decision. Today, her husband and children can smile as th...Read their story >
- FarmingEl SalvadorZulma studied up to the sixth grade of basic education, is partnered, and her partner works planting basic grains such as corn, beans, and sorghum. She has a 14-month-old d...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesPhilippinesMa. Ana is a hardworking woman entrepreneur with three children.
She has a food vending business in the Philippines and requested a PHP 22,000 loan through NWTF ...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesMozambiqueNelson is 31 and single. He's a soldier and is responsible for his 3 brothers, who go to school. He lives in his own home and earns enough income each month to repay this l...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesColombiaTBrenda is 25 years old and lives in the municipality of Medellin. She’s very young and she already has a food business, which she started after seeing the difficult times ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Annette, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,686 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.