Join Anisha on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Motorcycle TransportCambodiaSambath, 53, appears in the photo (he likes wearing women's clothes and acting as a woman). He is a single man who lives with his sister, his nephew, and his two of his gra...Read their story >
- SewingPakistanShahida is 36 years old. She is a housewife and looks after her family consisting of four persons. She is well-trained in stitching clothes. She provides services in stitch...Read their story >
- TailoringKenyaMutua is 43 years old. He is married and blessed with three children. His business is tailoring, which he has done for 10 years.
This is his fifth loan, which h...Read their story >
- Personal ExpensesMyanmar (Burma)Nwet, Wai, Than, and Sandar are the loan clients from Kyauk Myay – 1 (C) Group. There are around 250 households in Kyauk Myay village. It is an agri-village where most of t...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesIndiaSarifaben is 45-years-old and hails from the Morbi district of Gujarat. She lives with her household of five people. She wants to start a sari-selling business.
...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Anisha, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,672 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.