Join Angel Maria on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingCambodiaSarun, 42, is married mother of four children who lives in the Kampong Chhnang province of Cambodia. To support the family living, she has been cultivating rice to make pro...Read their story >
- FarmingPhilippinesEscolastica is a 54-year-old woman. She is married and has six children; two are adults and four are still dependents. She and her family lives in Clarin, Bohol. She helps ...Read their story >
- Home AppliancesCambodiaHeng’s group lives in a rural village in Kandal province in Cambodia. Heng makes a living cultivating rice to support her family.
In their village, there is no ...Read their story >
- FarmingArmeniaBe acquainted with Baris, 49, who is a hardworking and skillful farmer from the Hako community. Like everyone in his village, Baris is involved in agricultural activities. ...Read their story >
- PropertyGuatemalaJoel, 33, is married with a beautiful family. He has two children, ages eight and two. They live in a community in Santa Lucia.
In order to make money and move his fam...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Angel Maria, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,568 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.