Join Angel Maria on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreTanzaniaClement is married and in his early 30s. He is the cashier and manager of his own retail shop, which he has been running for over two years now. His shop is usually open ...Read their story >Funding via Tujijenge Tanzania
- Recycled MaterialsPakistanFarhat, aged 41, is a housewife. She is a mother of seven children, and she standing with her son. She adores her family, and her son works very hard so that his family can...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- Beauty SalonArmeniaGayane is 44 years old and she lives in Vanadzor city of the Lori region. Gayane is divorced and she lives with her retired mother and son. Her son is a contractual militar...Read their story >Funding via Nor Horizon
- LivestockKyrgyzstanBuaisha successfully repaid her loan, having used the funds as intended. She is grateful to Kiva and to everyone who helped her with funding. Buaisha currently has 5 cows o...Read their story >Funding via Bai Tushum Bank
- Home EnergyCambodiaSavath is 57 years old and lives in a village in Svay Reang Province, Cambodia. She is married and has four children, three of whom work at a garment factory while the oth...Read their story >Funding via KREDIT Microfinance Institution
Kiva lenders, like Angel Maria, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,585 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.