Join Angel Maria on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaSally is a single, hardworking lady, age 25 years. She is a businesswoman and a farmer who delights in her work. She likes growing crops for food and for sale, and she has ...Read their story >
- CattleTajikistanThis well-raised and educated person is named Hakimali. He is a native of the Khuroson district. He is 65 years old. For many years, Hakimali has worked as a teacher in a s...Read their story >
- General StoreRwandaA father called Aminadabu is 44 years old. He is married with four children ages 1 to 10 years old. Two of them go to school. He owns a shop and he has been doing this busi...Read their story >
- WeavingIndiaLakshmi, 27, residing in the Nadia district of West Bengal wants to support her husband to make saris and sell them. Her husband collects raw thread from the market, and ma...Read their story >
- RetailKenyaEmmanuel is a married man. He has 2 children. He describes himself to be committed.
He operates a retail business where he sells cabbages. He has been involved ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Angel Maria, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,449 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.