Join Angel Maria on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal PurchasesNigeriaAbdullahi is a hardworking Babban Gona maize farmer from Hayin Kinkiba village. Abdullahi is grateful to be a member of Babban Gona, his partner in the fight against povert...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
- General StorePhilippinesBecause of the previous financial assistance she received, Olivia was able to buy more quantities of toiletries, rice, soda, chips, canned goods, charcoal and other grocery...Read their story >Funding via CCT Savings and Credit Cooperative
- FarmingKenyaDear Kiva lenders,
Esther (pictured in a blue T-shirt with her farming friend) is an ambitious, smallholder farmer from the Kericho area. This is a luxuriant mai...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- PoultryKenyaEdna is a smallholder farmer from a remote village in the Eldoret area of Kenya. She resides with her husband and family. She has been actively involved in farming for the ...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- TaxiKosovoAlije is a 50-year-old mother of five children and comes from a minority community. She is a hardworking mother who takes care of her children at home and tries to provide ...Read their story >Funding via KosInvest
Kiva lenders, like Angel Maria, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,773 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.