Join Angel Maria on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RestaurantGuatemalaDina is a 44-year-old mother. She is single and has a beautiful family of four children, between the ages of 15 and 28. This family lives in a community of Santo Tomás La U...Read their story >Funding via ADICLA
- Farm SuppliesEl SalvadorJuan only had the opportunity to go to school up to the eighth grade. He doesn’t have a partner, but he does have a son, who he supports so he can have a dignified life. ...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- TailoringPakistanAzra Parveen is a 50-year-old married woman. She lives in Gujrat city, Pakistan. Her husband is a laborer by profession and his income is not enough to meet ongoing expense...Read their story >Funding via Jinnah Welfare Society (JWS)
- FarmingUgandaLaulencio, 59, is a repeat borrower whose previous loan helped to boost his yields and income. He is applying for another loan to help him to buy better quality vegetable s...Read their story >Funding via UGAFODE Microfinance Limited
- General StoreEl SalvadorClaudia, 33 years old, studied up to the ninth grade, is partnered, and her partner works as a bus dispatcher. Together, they have two children, of whom one goes to school,...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
Kiva lenders, like Angel Maria, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,186 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.