Join Angel Maria on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailSenegalThe 'banc villageois' of which this group is a part was inaugurated in March 2001. The group is composed of women with a lot of solidarity who work in the commerce of vario...Read their story >
- FarmingMyanmar (Burma)The first woman from the right in the picture is Khin, the featured borrower of Hman Cho – 2 (D) Village Group. She is 45 years old, has six children, and loves to be a far...Read their story >
- Vehicle RepairsBoliviaVictor is a person that has his on house which he has installed a car workshop. His son helps him and his wife is living outside of the city for health reasons.
Read their story >
- Shoe SalesUkraineIgor has been selling men's and women's sports shoes at the local market since 2003. He lives with his wife in an apartment; they are raising a son. Igor owns a minibus whi...Read their story >
- Animal SalesColombiaJose, age 42, has two children. He currently wishes to devote himself to raising fish.
For this reason he is requesting a loan to buy young fish and to pay for ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Angel Maria, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,649 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.