Join Andrew on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Decorations SalesPakistanAsia is a 38-year-old woman who lives with her three children and husband in Gujranwala, Pakistan. Keeping in view the economic hardships, she and her husband decided to st...Read their story >Funding via JWS Pakistan
- RetailNicaraguaAna Isabel is a merchant in her city. When she started her business at 35, she started selling buttermilk, curd, cheese and cream. Later, she saw a great need in her commun...Read their story >Funding via MiCredito
- Beauty SalonPakistanRukhsana is age 45, living in the area of Lahore, Pakistan. She is the mother of five children; she is a very hardworking and honest lady. She has to do a lot of hard work ...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- Animal SalesTajikistanAlimardon is a promising and hardworking man. He is 40 years old, married, and the father of three children. Alimardon is originally from the Mastchinsky region and he liv...Read their story >Funding via Arvand
- FarmingKenyaDorcas is a married woman. She has five children. She operates a farm, where she keeps cows and also grows crops. She has been involved in this business for 15 years. Her b...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
Kiva lenders, like Andrew, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,945 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.