Join Andrew on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fruits & VegetablesRwandaABADAHEMUKA CB SUB GRP A is a group led by Marie, who is 30 years old. The group name means “Great people” in English. She is married but does not yet have children. Marie'...Read their story >Funding via Urwego Opportunity Bank
- FarmingCambodiaRen, a farmer living in Battambang province, is 29 years old and the mother of two kids who are still in school. Growing rice is the main source of her income. Besides that...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Cambodia
- General StorePakistanNazia is 34 years old and a married woman. She has been successfully running a small general store with her husband (also shown in the photo), at the corner of her house. H...Read their story >Funding via Kashf Foundation
- PigsPhilippinesCristita is 40 years old and has four children. She is married and all four children are attending school.
Cristita is in the agricultural business of raising p...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
- Beauty SalonPakistanAsiya is a 37-year-old woman residing in Rawalpindi, Pakistan. She is the mother of 3 children. Her husband is the guardian of family and responsible for fulfilling the nee...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
Kiva lenders, like Andrew, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,278 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.