Join Andrew on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgricultureSamoaLagaau is a 29 year old mother with 4 children, she runs a small business of selling taro and banana in her village to earn a living. Lagaau requested for a loan to buy wh...Read their story >Funding via South Pacific Business Development (SPBD) - Samoa
- DairyKenyaWonderful Lenders! John is a very honest, hardworking, and dedicated farmer who is 37 years of age and hails from the Nakuru area of Kenya, an area known to have the best w...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- General StorePhilippinesElsa is 52 years old, married with six children. She works hard to provide for her family. She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PHP 12000 loan throu...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
- RetailPakistanSobia is a 28-year-old woman, residing in Rawalpindi, Pakistan. She is newly married as of a few days ago. Her husband is government servant. He is the guardian of the fami...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- DairyKenyaHello, Kiva community! Meet Thomas, a farmer from a remote village in Molo, Kenya who has defied the common thinking about most Kenyans that agriculture is only for the o...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
Kiva lenders, like Andrew, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,559 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.