Join Andrea on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaAlice is not only talented but also very hardworking and financially disciplined. She is a wife and a mother who lives with her family in a rural village in the outskirts o...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreJordanFatima has a grocery store. Her husband manages the store and appears in the picture because she is conservative.
The holy month of Ramadan is approaching quick...Read their story >
- Home Products SalesPakistanNusrat is a 46-year-old, working woman living with her family in the village area of Multan, Pakistan. She is a mother of four children. She has sold bedsheets from her hom...Read their story >
- Animal SalesTajikistanIlhomjon is a hardworking and ambitious man. He is 40 years old, married and has 5 children. He is engaged in animal breeding. He has several heads of cattle, and he is ve...Read their story >
- General StoreKenyaThomas is a married man. He has three children. He operates a retail business where he sells sugar, bread, flour, bread, soap, and other items. He has been involved in this...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Andrea, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,455 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.