Vergilia runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PHP 26,000 ...Read their story >
Join Andre on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePhilippinesVergilia is 51 years old and married. She works very hard to provide for her family.
Vergilia runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PHP 26,000 ...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- Clothing SalesEl SalvadorJennifer is satisfied with the contribution of the previous loan, since thanks to it, she was able to improve her income and offer her customers a better stocked inventory....Read their story >Funding via PADECOMSM
- Personal Housing ExpensesPhilippinesRosalina is a 67-year-old widow and a pensioner. Rosalina is a good mother who never tired of helping her children. She applied for a loan for her house renovation. Rosalin...Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
- TaxiEcuadorGalo is 35-years old. He has two daughters, ages 8 and 6 and they are in school. The earthquake destroyed the house as well as the business that he and his wife had. His wi...Read their story >Funding via Fundación ESPOIR
- Fish SellingPhilippinesPerfecto is a businessman who lives in Clarin, Bohol. He is 50 years old, married and has three children: one adult and two dependent children to support. To earn an in...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI), a partner of VisionFund International
Kiva lenders, like Andre, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,023 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.