Susan runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PH...Read their story >
Join Andre on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePhilippinesSusan is 53 years old and married with four children. Susan works very hard to provide for them.
Susan runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PH...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
- General StoreTimor-LesteJosefina is 36 years old and married with 6 children. She has a kiosk that she started in 2012, where many people come to buy goods every day. Running her business has made...Read their story >Funding via Kaebauk Investimentu no Finansas
- Food Production/SalesSamoaMoli is a 41-year-old single woman with one child. She makes and sells barbecue in her community to earn a living. She has three years of experience with this business.
Read their story >Funding via South Pacific Business Development (SPBD) - Samoa
- FarmingPeruUriel is 40 years old, in a common-law marriage, and lives in his own house made of rustic material. He lives with his spouse and his child in the district of Pimpingos, th...Read their story >Funding via Edpyme Alternativa
- ServicesPakistanRiffat is a 35-year-old active borrower of BRAC Pakistan. She is the mother of two children and her husband has been running a photocopier business for the past three years...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
Kiva lenders, like Andre, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,102 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.