Join Andre on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePhilippinesEstrella is 59 years old and married with six children, four of whom are in school. She works very hard to provide for them. She runs a general store in the Philippines and...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- Animal SalesAzerbaijanZahir is 52 years old. He is an internally displaced person ( IDP) who lives in the Bilasuvar refugee settlement. Zahir is married and has two daughters. His parents are...Read their story >Funding via Aqroinvest Credit Union
- FarmingNigeriaSunday is a Babban Gona maize farmer from Chirai village. He is married with 6 children and lives in a mud house with his family. He is a meticulous farmer who has invested...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
- Clothing SalesEl SalvadorYolana is 63 years old, is married, has 3 children of which all are adults and each of them is independent. Her husband earns a living working on the land. She only studied...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Wedding ExpensesCambodiaRin, 64 year old, is a farmer who worked and lived in Kaoh Kaphem Village, Trapeang Preah Commune, Prey Chhor District, KAMPONG CHAM Province. She is a lovely mother of six...Read their story >Funding via Hattha Kaksekar Limited (HKL), a partner of Save the Children
Kiva lenders, like Andre, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,929 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.