Join Andre on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Charcoal SalesSierra LeoneIn the photo are members of the “Sorben don” group. They are small-scale businessmen and a woman based in Kabala. Kabala is an agricultural center and lies on the far north...Read their story >
- LivestockKyrgyzstanDilfuza is 41 years old, married, and the mother of 4 children. She has a secondary education. Since the year 2000, Dilfuza has been working in agriculture. Today, her m...Read their story >
- Personal Medical ExpensesMexicoSantos lives in the city of Monterrey with his wife, Noelia. He married her when he was 20 years old. He is now 67 years old. They have four children, and all of them ha...Read their story >
- LivestockCambodiaSamrach is married, he lives with his wife and 2 children at Khan Dong Keov, Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
His wife has been a garment factory worker for 6 years. And h...Read their story >
- RetailParaguayJuan is a very hardworking person, he has a pantry in which he works every day from the early hours of the day. He comments that this is his second loan with Kiva and the p...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Andre, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,906 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.