Join Ami on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food Production/SalesSamoaFaivavale is a 61-year-old widow with four children. She makes and sells ice-cakes in her community to earn a living. She has two years of experience with this business. Sh...Read their story >
- FarmingNigeriaAlhaji Nasiru, a Babban Gona maize farmer, is married and lives in a modest mud house with his family in Fada village. He is a meticulous farmer who has invested time and r...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesTajikistanZebiniso is a woman entrepreneur aged 39. She is married and is the mother of four children. Zebiniso started her merchandise business in 1996. She sells clothing at the ce...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesEl SalvadorSantos is 31 years old and married; her husband works in agriculture. She has a daughter who is small and goes to kindergarten.
Santos earns a living selling cl...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesPakistanShamshad is a 37-year-old married woman. She appears in this photo with her husband. Shamshad's husband runs a garment shop where he sells clothing to provide for his famil...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Ami , combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,781 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.