Join Amanda on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Animal SalesTajikistanThis young and energetic woman with the beautiful name of Mashfirat lives in the city of Isfara. She is 49 years old, married, and has a son Nekruz who was born in 1997.
Read their story >
- Timber SalesKenyaGeorge is a married man. He has five children. He operates a retail business, where he sells lumber. He has been involved in this business for 15 years. His business is loc...Read their story >
- AgricultureVietnamDinh, 39 years old, is Thai ethnic woman. She is pictured first from the right above. She is married and is a mother of one 14-year-old daughter. Her daughter attends grade...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesEl SalvadorGerman has a sixth grade education, is in a relationship and has a son who attends school.
Five years ago German started a business selling clothing having learn...Read their story >
- TailoringTajikistanShahodat is 35 years old. She is an enterprising young woman who lives in the city of Vahdat with her husband and 3 children. Shahodat's husband is a builder. He works for ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Amanda, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,513 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.