Join Alex on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Home AppliancesUnited StatesBrenda is a strong woman and loving mother to her adult son who has special needs. For many years, she worked long hours in order to raise her son as a single mother. She h...Read their story >Funding via Solar and Energy Loan Fund (SELF)
- PerfumesMexicoJose is 39 years old, single, and lives in a flat that he owns. He likes to help his parents everytime it is possible for him to do so. In order to make a living, Jose work...Read their story >Funding via Kubo.financiero
- Goods DistributionMexicoMarco is a 31-year-old man. He is single and has no economic dependents. He lives on his own at a place that he owns and enjoys spending his free time watching sports and m...Read their story >Funding via Kubo.financiero
- Personal Medical ExpensesMexicoConcepción is a single young man, 25 years old, who lives to the west of Monterrey. He suffers from dental problems and due to this, suffers severe pain in his teeth. He ne...Read their story >Funding via Alivio Capital
- Personal Medical ExpensesMexicoOmar Alejandro, age 30, lives in the town known as Guadalajara, Jalisco. He is his mother’s financial support. She suffers from a chronic, degenerative condition. In the...Read their story >Funding via Alivio Capital
Kiva lenders, like Alex, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,158 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.