Join Alex on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CarpentryUnited StatesDeivison decided to work in home improvement three years ago. He is originally from Brazil and has been living in the United States for seven years. He lives with his wife ...Read their story >Funding via Accion East
- TaxiUnited StatesAbdul is a very hard worker. He came to the United States from Ethiopia in 2001 and began working for the San Diego Job Corps. After that he worked as a security guard befo...Read their story >Funding via Accion San Diego
- TaxiUnited StatesFred has always been an entrepreneur at heart. He has been driving a taxi for the last ten years in San Diego and his charming personality has made him very successful. Bef...Read their story >Funding via Accion San Diego
- ServicesUnited StatesHarold and his partner Fred started their business, Expand & Explode, after Harold graduated from the Accion Academy for Entrepreneurial Success, a business training progra...Read their story >Funding via Accion San Diego
- ManufacturingUnited StatesKaren, an attorney turned entrepreneur, founded Prodigi Kids in 2013. As a mother of three young children, she saw a need for a plate that couldn’t be picked up from the t...Read their story >Funding via Accion San Diego
Kiva lenders, like Alex, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,995 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.