Join Alex on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Medical ExpensesMexicoJesús is a young man who is 28 years of age. He has been married for two years to Anita, who takes care of the household duties. They live west of the city of Monterrey. ...Read their story >
- Personal Medical ExpensesMexicoJoel is 42 years old and married to Cristina. They have three children and live north of the city of Monterrey. Joel works in the construction field as a machine operator...Read their story >
- Personal Medical ExpensesMexicoAlejandro resides in the city of Monterrey. He is 35 years old and in a common-law relationship. For the past six years, Alejandro has been working as an administrative a...Read their story >
- Personal Medical ExpensesMexicoVíctor lives in the city of Monterrey. He is currently living in a common-law marriage, and his family is comprised of six children. He works selling groceries at various...Read their story >
- Personal Medical ExpensesMexicoOrlando lives in a town that is north of the city of Monterrey. He is in a common-law relationship with Leslie. Orlando works as a store manager for a business in his tow...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Alex, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,029 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.