Join Alex on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Auto RepairMexicoJair is a 26 year old man, he is married to a loving wife and is in charge of raising 3 young children. He enjoys spending time with his family and playing with his childr...Read their story >
- ServicesMexicoMario is a 38-year-old man who is married to a loving wife. They have no economic dependents. His biggest dream is to have a son, but he doesn't think that he is ready just...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesMexicoVidal lives in Jocotitlan with Herlinda, his partner of 25 years, who also appears in the picutre. Vidal was born in the same place he lives today, but in a very different ...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesMexicoMiguel has lived in Jocotitlan since he was born. Once he finished middle school, his dad told him he was no longer able to support him, so he started working in constructi...Read their story >
- Personal Medical ExpensesMexicoMiguel Angel is originally from the city of Reynosa, Tamulipas. He is 46 years old and single. His health is deteriorating because of a disease detected in his chest. He...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Alex, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,708 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.