Join Alex on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Home EnergyUnited StatesDavid is a proud United States Veteran who became disabled during his time with the service. He lives on a low fixed income, but he is very careful to live within his means...Read their story >Funding via Solar and Energy Loan Fund (SELF)
- Personal Housing ExpensesUnited StatesVerda is a strong woman and a loving mother who has worked very hard all of her life. She was a school bus driver for many years and is now retired. Verda suffered the deva...Read their story >Funding via Solar and Energy Loan Fund (SELF)
- Home EnergyUnited StatesRobin is a strong woman and loving mother to her two children (her daughter, Rachel, pictured left). Her strength, positivity and determination were put to the test recentl...Read their story >Funding via Solar and Energy Loan Fund (SELF)
- FarmingMexicoRodrigo is a smart and ambitious farmer who recently found out that there is no waste, only resources. Indeed, with his Sistema Biobolsa biodigester, he will be able to tra...Read their story >Funding via Sistema Biobolsa
- Clothing SalesMexicoJordy is a 23 year old lad. He is married to a loving wife and has no children nor economic dependants. Jordy and his wife decided that it would be wise to wait until the...Read their story >Funding via Kubo.financiero
Kiva lenders, like Alex, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,125 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.