Join Alex on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Home AppliancesUnited StatesLesha is a strong woman and loving mother to her 16 children, 15 of them are adopted. Lesha, along with her husband, adopt children of all ages who are in need of stable ho...Read their story >Funding via Solar and Energy Loan Fund (SELF)
- Vehicle RepairsMexicoMiguel is 49 years old, married to a loving wife and they are both in charge of raising a young boy. Miguel considers himself a family man and a great father. He enjoys ...Read their story >Funding via Kubo.financiero
- Personal Housing ExpensesMexicoEduardo has had a dream for as long as he can remember, to build a home where he can start his own family. He knows this is not very common where he lives, everyone starts ...Read their story >Funding via Ecoblock International
- Personal Housing ExpensesMexicoJavier and his son, Marvin, live in Xochimilco. Javier works loading and loading trucks outside a shoe factory. His job is informal so he has limited access to financial in...Read their story >Funding via Ecoblock International
- Personal Housing ExpensesMexicoUriel lives with his family in Xochimilco. He works at a local butcher shop and does some carpentry work in his spare time.
Uriel has lived 10 years in his hous...Read their story >Funding via Ecoblock International
Kiva lenders, like Alex, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,295 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.