Join Alanna on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaWilberforce is 31 years old. He is married and blessed with one child. He has had a tea farming and cattle rearing business for seven years and earns a monthly income of KE...Read their story >
- CattleEl SalvadorChelvin is 34 years old, married, and her life partner is a farmer. The couple has 4 children who reside in their house, of whom 2 are in school and 2 are working. <...Read their story >
- BakeryGeorgiaElguja is a 56-year-old married man from Tbilisi, the capital of Georgia. He lives with his wife and daughter and earns a living by working as a driver at a distribution se...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesZimbabweEsinath is a married mother of three. She has been in the flea market business since 2007 and has managed to purchase a residential place where she is staying through the p...Read their story >
- FarmingCambodiaNoy is a farmer who lives in a village in Kampong Cham province of Cambodia. She is 38 years old and married. She is a hardworking woman and has been operating her rice far...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Alanna, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,657 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.