Join Adam on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingCambodiaSavuth is 51 years old and lives with her children in a rural area of Steung Treng province. She earns a living by growing rice and cassava, which are the main source of in...Read their story >
- Music Discs & TapesTajikistanSharifjon is 33 years old. He is married and has four children. He has his own business selling discs, films, and movies. Sharifjon has been in this business for one year, ...Read their story >
- PubRwandaTujyembere Cb Sub Grp A is a group represented by Aloysie, who is 53 years old. She is married with two children aged 16 and 20 years.
She owns a bar in which sh...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaKomen is 37 years old. She is married with three children.
She has had a farming business for four years.
She will be using the loan to purchase fer...Read their story >
- CateringArmeniaRoman is 21 years old and a cook. He provides catering services four to five times a month and supports his family, which includes his parents and his brother. Thanks to hi...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Adam, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,919 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.