Join Adam on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesKosovoMilazim is a 32-year-old, married man. He has a small 2-year-old daughter. Additionally, since the winter season is approaching, Milazim has decided to apply for a Kiva loa...Read their story >
- PoultryMyanmar (Burma)The woman standing third from the right is Htay, the featured borrower of Sit Kone (D) – C – Village Group. Those with her in the picture are Kyaw, Than, Khin, Htay, Than L...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesUkraineMkher is married and has two children. Despite his higher education, he together with his wife grows vegetables in greenhouses. When the season is over and there is less wo...Read their story >
- CattlePakistanAzra is a 52 year-old lady, residing in Rawalpindi, Pakistan. She is an active borrower from BRAC Pakistan. She is a mother of four daughters and two sons. She has been run...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaWonderful Kiva lenders, meet Grace, a woman who has always struggled to make her dreams come true. She knows that this will not be possible through magic, but through hard ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Adam, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,539 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.