Join Abraham on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Home AppliancesTajikistanManzura is 28 years old and lives in the Qubadiyon region. She is earning her living by hard work. For many years she has been raising cattle. Farming and raising livestock...Read their story >Funding via MDO Humo and Partners
- Home AppliancesCambodiaA resident living in Kampong Thom province, Nay ages 51 years old and a mother of seven children, only two of whom are in school. She has been farming rice as a main source...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Cambodia
- Personal Housing ExpensesEl SalvadorRosa, 48, lives in her own house with her family. For 13 years she has been selling tortillas and using the income from sales to support herself and cover the household ex...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
- Food Production/SalesIndiaPratima is a rural housewife. She lives with her husband and her daughter in a rural village in South Dinajpur district of West Bengal.
Ramkrishna is Pratima’s ...Read their story >Funding via Milaap
- FarmingEl SalvadorManuela is 59 years old and lives in her own house with her relatives. She has made a living from the cultivation of corn since 15 years ago. When her harvests are ready, s...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
Kiva lenders, like Abraham, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,504 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.