Join Abraham on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailColombiaRuby is a lovely woman of 62 years who lives in the municipality of Soledad with her spouse. She is very enthusiastic and enterprising and began her business on the advice ...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD)
- ManufacturingPakistanMumtaz is forty years old, married and the mother of four daughters and a son. She is a housewife and lives with her family in Lahore. Mumtaz’s husband has a small manufact...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- General StorePhilippinesFor 25 years, fifty-nine-year-old Mila has a thriving Sari-sari store business in Concepcion, Iloilo. She owe raising her five children to having this store. She sell basic...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI), a partner of VisionFund International
- Butcher ShopColombiaIn business, Jhon found an opportunity for him and his family to get ahead. He lives with his spouse in a neighborhood of Malambo and is the father of a 6-year-old girl. ...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD)
- FarmingEl SalvadorHéctor is 55 years old and studied up to the fourth grade in his canton [a division of a municipality]. He is currently married and has a daughter under eighteen who is dep...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
Kiva lenders, like Abraham, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,780 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.