Join Abraham on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingCambodiaChanthorn, 31, lives with family members in a village located in Prey Veng province. She is a mother of two dependent children, one of whom is still in school while the oth...Read their story >
- ArtsIndia46-years-old Chinnaponnu lives in the Namakkal district of Tamil Nadu. She lives in a household of two members. Currently, she does daily wage labour and her household ...Read their story >
- Cosmetics SalesNicaraguaEmilce, 48 years old, is a hard-working woman who earns her living through the sale of cosmetics. She has been in the business for 8 years, which has gone very well. She is...Read their story >
- SewingPakistanNoreen is 38 years old, and she lives in Rawalpindi, Pakistan, with her three children. Her husband has been working in a tailoring shop for many years, and he is responsib...Read their story >
- TailoringPakistanTasleem is a married lady and lives with her husband and four children in Gujranwala, Pakistan. She is 42 years old and a tailor by profession.
She started her ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Abraham, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,989 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.