Join Abraham on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgricultureTajikistanNaziroy lives in the Bohtar region. This year she turned 60 years old. She is married and a mother of three children. In her village, Naziroy is known as a hard-working and...Read their story >Funding via Humo
- CerealsMaliBaoumou is the one holding up the filled container in the photo. She is Malian, 40 years old, married, and the mother of six children, aged 6 to 20, of whom one is in schoo...Read their story >Funding via Réseau de Micro-institutions de Croissance de Revenus (RMCR)
- General StoreEl SalvadorLucía only studied up to the 3rd grade of basic education. Her husband is a farmer in the area and her children are now adults and live on their own.
Lucía deci...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- FarmingKenyaPeter is a 56-year-old proud father of 9 children. He is a group leader, often described as a very experienced farmer, and is representing his group of 7 farmers in Chwele ...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- ConstructionKosovoAfrim is 47 years old and has three children between the ages of 4 and 9 years old. He works in construction and works all day for long hours to provide for his family. He ...Read their story >Funding via KosInvest
Kiva lenders, like Abraham, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,798 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.