You're invited to join Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Beauty SalonKosovoEva is 45 years old, married, and has 5 children between ages of 27 and 19 years old. She is a hardworking woman who gives her best to be a good mother. She works as a hair...Read their story >
- Milk SalesPakistanSaima was living a tough life some years ago because it was very difficult to carry her household expenditures. She is a 27 year old married woman with three children runni...Read their story >
- AgricultureCameroonMama, age 53, is engaged and the father of nine children, whose ages range from 7 to 36. He has a cacao plantation in a local village. He is seeking a loan to buy phytosani...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaBen's Group is formed by 13 farmers in Matete District and is being represented by Ben, who is the group leader pictured above. He is 35 years old, is married and has three...Read their story >
- General StoreMozambiqueMario was born in Namacha in the province of Maputo and is 42 years old. He lives as though he is married and he has 4 children. 2 of them are grown up and 2 go to school. ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,904 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.