You're invited to join Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- ServicesPhilippinesEdna is 50 years old, the mother of two children, one of whom is still in school, and a very hardworking entrepreneur. She earns a living by running a manicure and pedicure...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- General StorePhilippinesMeilin is 42 years old and married with one child who is still in school. Meilin works very hard to provide for her family.
Meilin runs a general store in the Ph...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- FarmingTajikistanInomjon was born in 1976 in a farmer family. He has 6 children and it is difficult for him to provide them with all necessary things. He is an agrarian man and keeps cattle...Read their story >Funding via CSC MDO "IMON International"
- General StoreKenyaFlorence is a married woman. She has four children. She describes herself to be focused. She operates a retail business where she sells bread, flour, sugar, soap, soda, bea...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- ServicesColombiaYan Carlos is a 31-year-old jeweler who learned this profession working in his uncle's shop. He is very committed person and lives in a barrio of San Jaun de Nepomuceno mun...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD)
Kiva lenders combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,757 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.