You're invited to join Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RickshawPakistanBavi Bibi is a 49-year-old married woman, living with her five children and spouse in the area of Lahore, Pakistan. Her husband is a driver by profession and provides trans...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- TailoringPakistanSafia is 45 years old and a hardworking woman who has four children. She has been providing the service of stitching clothes in her locality. She is quite popular for her s...Read their story >Funding via Kashf Foundation
- General StoreEl SalvadorLucía is grateful for the financial help that Padecomsmcredito has offered her when she has needed it, since in this way her business and her profits have improved consider...Read their story >Funding via PADECOMSM
- RetailSenegalThis 20-member group was established in December 2011. It is composed of women who share strong bonds of solidarity and mutual assistance. They all live in the same local a...Read their story >Funding via CAURIE Microfinance
- RickshawPakistanShazia is a 45-year-old married woman, living with her spouse and one child in the area of Lahore, Pakistan. Her husband drives a rickshaw in Lahore, providing transportati...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
Kiva lenders combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,820 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.