You're invited to join Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- TailoringPakistanRehmat is a hardworking lady. Some years ago, she decided to support her family by starting business of tailoring at her home as her husband's income was barely enough to ...Read their story >Funding via Kashf Foundation
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorVerónica is a responsible woman who cares for her family, which is made up of her life partner and two children, who are 8 and 16 years old. Her business involves running ...Read their story >Funding via PADECOMSM
- Personal Medical ExpensesMexicoKatya Daniela, 21, is a single young woman. She lives with her parents to the north of the Monterrey metropolitan area and works for a commercial store in the area.
<...Read their story >Funding via Alivio Capital
- Motorcycle TransportUgandaAbdala is a gentleman of 32 years; he is married to one wife with four children, and they all stay together with him in Nyenga.
Abdalla is a motorcycle rider. He...Read their story >Funding via UGAFODE Microfinance
- Personal PurchasesPhilippinesLyn works hard to support three children. She is married and has a fishing business in the Philippines.
She requested a 10,000 PHP loan through NWTF to purchase...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
Kiva lenders combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,678 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.