You're invited to join Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- TailoringPakistanNaveeda is 46, married, and a hardworking, brave mother who is helping her family by providing tailoring services with help from her husband. Both sew pants and coats on or...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreHondurasOlga is a responsible entrepreneur who lives with her husband and children in Choluteca, a very productive community in Southern Honduras.
Since 10 years ago, s...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesCambodiaDina is a mother with one child. She is living in a small house with a thatched roof in Siem Reap province. She is a grocery seller, while her husband is a construction wor...Read their story >
- FoodKenyaMary is a married woman with two children, both of whom attend school. She lives in her own house that has neither electricity nor running water. Her greatest monthly expe...Read their story >
- Auto RepairBoliviaFreddy is from the town of San Pablo de Huacareta. He comes from very humble parents who moved to the Zapallar community in the town of Monteagudo, where they have lived f...Read their story >
Kiva lenders combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,508 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.