You're invited to join Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- ClothingHondurasSilvia is 47 years old, a single mother, and has 3 children. She resides with her children in a village in the municipality of Choloma, Cortes. For some 8 years now, Silvia...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreCambodiaRet is 53 years old and is a married woman with three children. She sells biscuits and beverages. Her husband is a fisherman. Ret has been running this business for 36 mont...Read their story >
- TransportationPhilippinesFelicisima operates a motor transportation business for her neighbors and the local community. She earns a minimum of 300 Philippine pesos (PHP) in sales every day. She nee...Read their story >
- RetailKenyaJanet is a married woman. She has 4 children. She describes herself as committed. She operates a retail business where she sells fish. She has been involved in this busines...Read their story >
- General StoreMozambiqueJoana is 51 years old, married, and the mother of three children; two of them are already adults who live in their own houses, and the other one goes to elementary school.<...Read their story >
Kiva lenders combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,046 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.