You're invited to join Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Motorcycle TransportUgandaMoses is a father of two and rides a bodaboda as his main source of income. He got a loan to buy a new motorcycle to boost his source of income. He is thankful to UGAFODE a...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesKenyaPatricia is 23 years old. She is single and operates a business of selling new clothes, which she has done for six years.
This is her second loan, which she wil...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaThis is Elizabeth, a sweet and tender woman who is 51 years old and tends to her farm. She sells produce from the farm, including milk and crops, at the local market. She a...Read their story >
- Used ClothingCongo (Dem. Rep.)Pascaline is a retail trader and the treasurer of a banque villageoise called "Mwamba" that is a client of IMF Hekima. She is married, 40 years old, and has 10 children, 9 ...Read their story >
- FarmingNigeriaOriginating from Dangashi village, Shitu is a hardworking Babban Gona maize farmer.
As a Babban Gona member, Shitu has access to good seeds, fertilizers, herbici...Read their story >
Kiva lenders combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,034 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.