You're invited to join Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is Timothy, often described as an extremely hardworking individual. He is 23 years old and, as a group leader, he is representing his group of six farmers in...Read their story >
- PoultryMyanmar (Burma)First from the right in the group picture is Aye who is a traditional crop farmer. He is 47 years old and a father to two school-aged children. His three year old baby boy ...Read their story >
- General StoreTanzaniaAmiri, who is in his early fifties, is a married man and a hardworking father of one school-going child. He works as a shopkeeper in his own retail store for six years, whi...Read their story >
- AgricultureBurkina FasoMr. KOUKA LAZARE is the official of the group called TEELTAABA DE ZONGO. He is the married father of three children. The oldest is 12, and the youngest is 4. Two children a...Read their story >
- RickshawPakistanKousar is a 52-year-old, single woman who has two children. She is living in the area of Multan, Pakistan. She is pictured with her son and his auto rickshaw.
H...Read their story >
Kiva lenders combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,558 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.