You're invited to join Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgricultureCambodiaResiding in a rural village of the Kratie district of Kratie province, Kimchhay is age 32 and married. She has three children. To support the family, she and her husband ha...Read their story >
- FarmingAlbaniaOlsi is 28 years old. He is married and father of a child just one year old. He is very grateful for his family and works hard to provide for them. They live in a village i...Read their story >
- FarmingCambodiaLum, 51, lives with her husband and six children in a rural village of the Kandieng district of Pursat province, Cambodia. She has struggled to feed and care for her childr...Read their story >
- FarmingEcuadorRolando is a 45-year-old man, married, who has two children, a 13-year-old daughter and a 16-year-old son. They are studying thanks to the effort and dedication of their pa...Read their story >
- AgricultureHondurasNelson is a recognized and hardworking person with many desires to get ahead. He has worked in coffee production for 6 years. His dreams are to see his business grow and gi...Read their story >
Kiva lenders combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,642 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.