You're invited to join Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Motorcycle TransportKenyaStephen is a single man. He describes himself to be focused. He operates a transport business where he transports customers using his motorcycle. He has been involved in th...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- ServicesPakistanShaheen is 39 years old and a responsible mother of three children. She lives in Rawalpindi, Pakistan. Her husband has been running his own shuttering business for past 25 ...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- FarmingKenyaRosalyne is a married woman. She has 2 children. She describes herself to be trustworthy.
She operates a farm where she grows maize and other crops. Rosalyne has...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- Home AppliancesCambodiaVanna’s Group lives in a rural village in Kandal province in Cambodia. Vanna does work as a farmer to support her family.
In their village, there is no reliable...Read their story >Funding via iDE Cambodia
- Animal SalesBoliviaMartha is married and she is the mother of two daughters. She is the owner of her house. Martha and her husband are farmers, and they also sell meat at the market. T...Read their story >Funding via IMPRO
Kiva lenders combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,509 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.