You're invited to join Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Motorcycle TransportKenyaAmbrose is a married man. He has 2 children. He describes himself as determined. He operates a transport business where he transports customers using his motorcycle. He has...Read their story >
- General StorePakistanBushra is 31 years old. She lives with her three children and husband in Mandi Bahauddin, Pakistan. Her growing family has been facing the challenge of meeting expenses wit...Read their story >
- Personal Medical ExpensesLebanonMajida is a 55-year-old married mother of one. Her husband owns a small grocery shop where she helps him through her business in which she prepares preservable food (mouneh...Read their story >
- RickshawPakistanShaheen (in the photo with her husband) is 26 years old, married, and has three children. She lives the area of Lahore, Pakistan. Her financially condition is not good. Her...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreGuatemalaCicy works at her store of daily use products and in addition has a bookstore. Cicy wants to invest since the festival of the area where she lives approaches. At that time,...Read their story >
Kiva lenders combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,425 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.