You're invited to join Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Higher education costsJordanOmar is studying Program Engineering in university. He is 20 years old and plays basketball and doesn't work. He is applying for a loan to pay for his university tuition fees.Read their story >Funding via National Microfinance Bank
- Higher education costsPalestineNidal is 26-years-old from Khan Younis city in Gaza Strip. He is a student for Media Studies at the local university, and he is studying hard. He dreams of finishing univer...Read their story >Funding via Palestine for Credit & Development (FATEN)
- Primary/secondary school costsNigeriaLawal is a maize farmer from Mabuga village. Lawal is happy to be a member of Babban Gona, a partner in the fight against poverty. Building on his previous input loan, Lawa...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
- Personal Housing ExpensesPhilippinesCarlos lives in Tudela and supports his three daughters by building houses from the ground up. He has applied a loan to buy housing materials, paints & to pay his workers. ...Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
- Personal Housing ExpensesPalestineIkhlas is a 28-year-old married woman with one child. She will use the loan to improve the health status at her house and replace the flooring board of her house. She hopes...Read their story >Funding via Al Ibdaa Microfinance
Kiva lenders combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,837 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.