You're invited to join Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingArmeniaMeet Hovhannes, a tireless farmer from Kaps village. Being 28 years old, he has been in farming for ten years, and has a well-developed farm. He owns livestock consisting o...Read their story >Funding via SEF International
- Fruits & VegetablesParaguaySan Blas committee is in its first cycle. It is made up of 22 tenacious women entrepreneurs. They each have their own business that they want to keep running and they also ...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Paraguaya
- FarmingKenyaLinus is 43 years old and has 8 children. He is a group leader and is representing his group formed by 13 farmers in Chwele District, Kenya.
Linus has been farm...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- Fish SellingPhilippinesRosalina works hard to support her family. Rosalina is married and has a fish vending business in the Philippines. Rosalina requested a PHP 12000 loan through NWTF to buy ...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- LivestockKyrgyzstanAnakan is 45 years old, married, with 5 kids, she has completed secondary education and works in a school. She is also involved in agriculture. Anakan owns four cows. She m...Read their story >Funding via Bai Tushum Bank CJSC
Kiva lenders combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,667 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.