Join LodRose on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaSalome, pictured above, has been a farmer for more than 20 years and is now proud to represent her group of nine farmers in Matete District. She is 42 years old, married, a...Read their story >
- Auto RepairArmeniaVaruzhan is 50 years old and lives with his wife in Kapan, a city in the Syunik region. Varuzhan is married and has two daughters who are married already and also a son who...Read their story >
- Fish SellingCongo (Dem. Rep.)Fitina is a client of IMF Hekima. She is a woman who sells salted fish on the city streets. She is president of the "Alleluya" loan group. She is 41 years old, married and ...Read their story >
- Farm SuppliesMyanmar (Burma)This group is composed of six village customers: Ohn, Zaw, Tin, Mya, Thu and Htay.
Thu, the man holding papers in his hands, is the featured borrower of Hman Ch...Read their story >
- ElectricianPakistanAneela is a thirty-eight years old married woman living along with her spouse and three sons. Pictured with her husband. She lives in the populated area of Lahore, Pakistan...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like LodRose, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,508 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.