Join FrequentMiler on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fish SellingSierra LeoneHawa is the featured leader of this group of entrepreneurs. Hawa was born in Bo 29 years ago. She is married and has a child who is attending secondary school. Hawa has bee...Read their story >
- CattleEl SalvadorAna has 3 children who are studying.
Ana sells local dishes, she has a lot of experience as she learned this trade when she was very young and in recent years th...Read their story >
- Food MarketColombiaCarlos is a single, 68-year-old man who, faced with a lack of employment, invented a way to generate resources, opening a small booth in a sector of the municipality of Med...Read their story >
- FoodEl SalvadorJuan is married, and his partner is employed in domestic tasks. They have two children who are in school.
Juan works in agriculture, and his parcel of land is sm...Read their story >
- FarmingColombiaAlier, 49, is a farmer who works every day in his agriculture business and raising pigs. This work allows him to earn his living to support his family, which is his partne...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like FrequentMiler, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,247 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.