Join Ralf on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PoultryColombiaDairo is a young man of 23 years old who, with the dream and hope of financially improving his business of raising animals, has come to the Kiva community requesting a loan...Read their story >
- Home EnergyNicaraguaDelmer is married and has a daughter. Right no, he dedicates himself to agriculture planting basic seeds like beans, maize, and cacao. In the community where he lives, ther...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesNicaraguaLeonor is a hard-working 53-year-old woman who has learned her living selling soup and used clothing for the past 21 years. This is the ninth time that she has requested a...Read their story >
- LivestockUgandaRauben is an old client in the institution; he is married and has 5 school-going children, he is a resident of Rwere-nyabihinga near the municipality. He has been in this b...Read their story >
- FarmingCambodiaLiving in a wooden house located in Tbaung Khmum province’s Tbaung Khmum district, Rumlah is 33 years old and married. She has three dependent children. Rumlah grows beans ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Ralf, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,532 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.