Join Basilio Vieira on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingEcuadorBiron, 33, is a humble young man. He's single and lives with his beloved grandmother, 77. Biron has a daughter whose education, health, and clothing he pays for; he visit...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Ecuador
- Clothing SalesTajikistanHabiba is from the Kanibadam district. She is widowed. She is a careful mother of three children and six grandchildren.
She is involved in reselling women's cl...Read their story >Funding via IMON International
- FarmingKenyaHello, Kiva community!
Margaret is a hardworking farmer. She is a rural, smallholder farmer from the Thika area of Kenya. Her main income sources are milk from h...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- FarmingKenyaMary is 45 years old and has seven children. She is a group leader and is representing her group formed by 14 farmers in Webuye District, Kenya.
Mary has been f...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- FoodBoliviaThe "Rosas" communal bank will begin its first loan cycle with Pro Mujer, as part of the Senkata regional office. It has 10 members and is run by a board of directors, on ...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Pro Mujer
Kiva lenders, like Basilio Vieira, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,171 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.