100%

funded

Total loan: $1,575

Kiprotich

Bomet, Bomet County, Kenya / Agriculture

Kiprotich's loan finished fundraising,
but these similar borrowers just need a little more help to reach their goals!


A loan helped to buy a biodigester for a healthy cooking experience and to produce fertilizer for his farm.


Kiprotich's story

Every time Kiprotich wants to cook, his family and he have to spend an average of three hours collecting wood, waiting for it to dry and then using it to heat the stove. This works out to an average of 20 kg of firewood a month.

Kiprotich and his family want to invest in a Sistema Biobolsa biodigester that will allow them to transform the manure from their thirteen cows into renewable energy biogas and organic fertilizer through anaerobic digestion. With their biodigester Kiprotich's family will stop cooking with firewood and use renewable biogas on their farm. They will not have to worry anymore about the diseases caused by inhaling smoke while they are cooking. They will also be able to increase their vegetable crops using the fertilizer produced by the biodigester and reduce the time they had to spend chopping wood.

This loan represents 66% of the full price of the biodigester; the remaining 34% was covered by a cash down payment and a government subsidy.