100%

funded

Total loan: $675

James

Flag of Kenya
Nyandarua, Nyandarua County, Kenya / Agriculture

James's loan finished fundraising,
but these similar borrowers just need a little more help to reach their goals!


A loan helped to buy a biodigester to turn cow manure into a valuable and renewable resource.


James's story

James is an ambitious farmer who wants to turn his farm into a model for sustainable, small-scale agricultural operations. He used to pile up his cows' manure on his farm, where it was emitting greenhouse gases and contaminating the environment. James then decided to invest in a Sistema Biobolsa biodigester in order to transform his cows’ manure into renewable energy, or biogas, and nutrient-rich, organic fertilizer for domestic and other productive uses.

Through his biodigester James will be able to use the money he previously had to spend on LP gas and chemical fertilizers to invest in the expansion of his farm. His goal is to buy more cows and increase his vegetable production. His farm will become more cost-effective and sustainable as he starts applying the fertilizer from the biodigester to nourish the soil in an entirely organic and environmentally-friendly manner. He looks forward to transforming a problem into a solution and to showing that waste actually is a valuable resource.

This loan represents 74% of the price of the biodigester; the remaining 26% will be paid by James.