100%

funded

Total loan: $3,350

Cántico Nuevo Group

Flag of Nicaragua
Managua, MN, Nicaragua / Clothing

Cántico Nuevo Group's loan finished fundraising,
but these similar borrowers just need a little more help to reach their goals!


A loan helped to purchase clothing for resale (80% of the funds) and to purchase raw materials for making "nacatamales" (stuffed banana leaves) (20% of the funds).


Cántico Nuevo Group's story

Martha Isabel (the women who is seated in the above photo) is the treasurer of the “Cántico Nuevo” communal bank in Ciudad Sandino, Nicaragua. Martha sells clothing and, for three years, has also earned her living selling "nacatamales" (stuffed banana leaves).

In order to advance her businesses, Martha needs a new loan of C$12,000. She will use 80% of the funds to purchase clothing for resale and the other 20% of the funds for purchasing raw materials to make "nacatamales" so she can increase her sales.

Martha's goals are for her business to prosper and to provide employment opportunities in her community. Martha claims that her sales her gone down considerably since the crisis that has moved through the country since 2018. The challenge, however, is reinventing herself each day so she can keep moving forward and keep her eyes on a better future.

Financial help for hard-working women, like Martha, is critical. Her small business is Martha's main means earning a living for herself and for her family.